The Ugliest Cut Auto!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I would guess that there are/were many other signatures on the document that came from. Thus, the small cut - they put all the other ones on different cards.
Just a guess
-Casey

I would guess that there are/were many other signatures on the document that came from. Thus, the small cut - they put all the other ones on different cards.
Just a guess
-Casey

I have a niece that married into a family that collects historical signatures. One item they have is a scrapbook put together of cut signatures put together well over 100 years ago. In it are cuts of 10 presidents and VP's, and other well known people of the day. All this was done before Upper Deck or Topps came to be.

I really don't understand why Topps didn't take the time to build a card specifically for that cut. It makes sense to have one template in SP Legendary Cuts where you have TONS of cut sigs - but this is a 1/1 of arguably the most popular president in history. They knew the signifigance of this card.......all they had to do was take the dimensions of the cut, then build the front of the card to frame it better. It would have also looked better to have a larger picture of Lincoln.

Tim

What in the world did they do to the original document??

That's absolutely pathetic looking... and in no way worth $30K.

What in the world did they do to the original document??

That's absolutely pathetic looking... and in no way worth $30K.

They could have bought just the signature. At one time people would just collect signatures just like you collect cards.

I really don't understand why Topps didn't take the time to build a card specifically for that cut. It makes sense to have one template in SP Legendary Cuts where you have TONS of cut sigs - but this is a 1/1 of arguably the most popular president in history. They knew the signifigance of this card.......all they had to do was take the dimensions of the cut, then build the front of the card to frame it better. It would have also looked better to have a larger picture of Lincoln.

Tim

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? With cuts coming out that look like this - and with Tim's "cuts" looking as great as they do - companies need to commission Tim to handle their cut signatures!
-Casey