this is frustrating!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gjorda

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Is it just me, or do other people have this problem too.
You start a thread or post in someone else's thread stating you want to try and get a trade going.
you exchange pm's a few times and then...you hear nothing for a week...just hang there.
So, you pm them back, just as a reminder that you had trade talks going. Ya know, people get busy, they forget...(although they have been posting on the site everyday while you were waiting to hear back from them)

And still, no answer.

Man! that chaps my hide! What is it? Do I smell(even over the computer). Or are people just rude and not care about giving you the respect to pm you once and tell that they "got cold feet" or "decided against trading those cards" or just, plain old "you don't have anything that I want anymore"

SOMETHING!
Please, someone, explain this to me!
Ah! that feels good to vent!

It's been happening alot to me lately as well. I end up putting them on my ignore list and don't bother dealing with them again.

It's been happening alot to me lately as well. I end up putting them on my ignore list and don't bother dealing with them again.

Lets see...I replied to your post and you asked for a larger trade....I only had that one card. Still waiting for a reply....Best regards, David

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do other people have this problem too.
You start a thread or post in someone else's thread stating you want to try and get a trade going.
you exchange pm's a few times and then...you hear nothing for a week...just hang there.
So, you pm them back, just as a reminder that you had trade talks going. Ya know, people get busy, they forget...(although they have been posting on the site everyday while you were waiting to hear back from them)

And still, no answer.

Man! that chaps my hide! What is it? Do I smell(even over the computer). Or are people just rude and not care about giving you the respect to pm you once and tell that they "got cold feet" or "decided against trading those cards" or just, plain old "you don't have anything that I want anymore"

SOMETHING!
Please, someone, explain this to me!
Ah! that feels good to vent!

Well people do have lives, jobs, families, kids stuff to do.

Not everyone can sit on their computer all day everyday, and you cant tell what they have to do or what they are doing.

It use to bother me, but now I just move on, put the cards away and forget about it................I know how aggravating it can be, but I chalk it up to being a "hobby".................My wife on the other hand, well, she'd want blood..............I've probably done it before but try not to; online etiquette and daily lives sometime clash........................Just my $.02 worth...................Mike

Im new here and its happen 3 times now ive sent pms back to know whats up with the trades with no response but well as metsman says you just have to move on, its a pain in the a... but it is what it is, i also hate it when you send a pm for something your interested in and get no response but again what can you do.

People do forget to respond sometime. When you PM them, they would think about it, and sometime they would forget to PM you back. If you sent them a reminder and they don't respond back the second time, then I consider that rude. First time, ok, but not the second time.

Some people do not respond to a post or email deliberately. For those people I would ask that you send a simple reply. It only takes 10 seconds to say no. Please respect other people enough to give a response.

I've been on both sides of this issue. People have not continued to work a trade in a thread or they don't reply back to my PMs. It's frustrating, But i've also done the same to others. I have every intention of making a trade, but things come up...Work, Kids and lately SNOW. So I don't get as frustrated anymore when I don't hear back from someone because we all have lives outside of The Bench.

I do understand lives outside the "trading world"
I have one. I have 2 kids and wife and I own my own business at which I am the only employee. yet I find the time to respond...
For me that's not a very good excuse. Just plain and simple, if you don't want to make a trade or don't want to be bothered, take 10 sec and respond "no".
I get the, "thinking about the trade, and then maybe forgetting to respond back". I understand that. But when a reminder is sent a few days later or maybe a week later and that gets no response, and then the second reminder gets no response...come on. I start sending responses then, almost just to **** people off.
"if you'd send a pm to me and tell me "no", I am fine with it ...

I am not one to sit in front of the computer for hours on end and try to trade. I have better things to do. But I am considerate of others and wwhen "talks" are going on and people are trying to get a deal done and waiting for a response back...just do it!

It's not that hard.
I do move on and chalk most of those traders up to just plain rude. I just felt like I had to vent. Just this once.
So, thank for being there for me guys! I appreciate you posts.
Maybe we can make this thread the, "VENTING THREAD"...anyone else have anything they want to get off their shoulders? nothing mean or don't stick it to a particular person...we can't do that, but if you get frustrated with something...let's all vent together....

Last edited: