This is insane!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

People do weird/stupid/foolish stuff all the time.

MAN, I wish I was the seller !

Could pay off if he holds onto them for many years- if he ends up in the "pujols" category, could make money off the deal. But yes, very risky & thats alot of money!!

Not that insane if you're willing to take a risk. Prospectors do this all the time and it can pay off BUT if you think breaking boxes is like gambling then prospecting is like high roller gambling:D

Heyward has so much hype and media coverage going for him right now...by the all star break it's hard to say what his cards will be going for.

If he lives anywhere near Atlanta and Heyward has a great first year he'll probably move all 100 and make some money. All the hype and great begining will get some people to overpay just to have his rookie card. Remember Billy Ripken?

I do not see how this guy wont lose his shirt on this purchase.

Current BV $15 each
Current SV is around $10 each

The winner paid $17 per card. Heyward would have to end the year with video game stats for the winner to make any money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-2007-JASON-...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item19bb4685ab

One good hot streak and who knows. Zack Greinke's prospect premiere auto was selling for $20 or less before he started out last year white hot. Suddenly I got $60+ for mine. Looking at closed auctions for 07 Chrome Heyward, there are quite a few in the $12-18 range already. If he gets hot, that could easily go higher.

History says they are not through climbing just yet. Atlanta fans are HARDCORE over their guys making the majors and performing well. Examples?

Rafael Furcal (pre-Ebay - would love to know how high 99 B.Chromes would have been back then)
Jeff Franceour (02 BCDP's reached $60 each)
Brian McCann
Tommy Hanson

I do agree that it is insane to pay that for a Chrome Draft card when the guy has a Bowman Chrome AUTO released so shortly afterwards, and he does have an AUTO RC in the Bowman Sterling.

Bottom line: The only player in baseball since the invent of eBay that has ever EXCEEDED the hype that came along his first season is Albert Pujols. I can't think of a player getting major hype early and actually doing better other than Pujols. As good as Lebron James is in basketball.....he has actually only done what has been expected of him (which TOTALLY isn't fair).

Tim

Could be a Scam. I'd guess you have someone on the other end boosting the value and the cards never switch hands, only the money in which it is use to purchase something again from the other end boosting the value of something else and eventually the cards you thought were ten dollars
sale value end up being seventeen dollars sale value or just under that,
then you sell them all day at 15 instead of 10.

Just an assumption and I've watched the guy play and he's good but
has a ways to go to be worthy of that price on a rookie card. Atleast
5-6 years of consistant allstar caliber.

The auction cost the seller about $70 if FV-Fees.. Of course, they could file a non-paying bidder report, but if that is done, you'd have to get a dummy-account set up (which isn't too easy anymore because you need a credit card to start an account). Still possible though.

Assuming the guy legitimately bought them for $17 each, I would hope that he does a lot of shows in the Atlanta area, or owns a shop near there. I bet you could sell a few at $20-$25 at a show in Atlanta (not many, but a few). Still, that's a lot of money to be banking on one guy's cards... especially non-autographed cards.

Could be a Scam. I'd guess you have someone on the other end boosting the value and the cards never switch hands, only the money in which it is use to purchase something again from the other end boosting the value of something else and eventually the cards you thought were ten dollars
sale value end up being seventeen dollars sale value or just under that,
then you sell them all day at 15 instead of 10.

Just an assumption and I've watched the guy play and he's good but
has a ways to go to be worthy of that price on a rookie card. Atleast
5-6 years of consistant allstar caliber.