This is why you don't throw anything away without looking at it first...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Okay, when you saw this thread you were probably thinking what did Jim almost toss out with the junk mail today? Actually, this was in a box of my stuff I pulled out of my mother's old house over a year ago. Never really had the chance to look over it until this afternoon. I was going through this stuff, mostly old school papers I had never thrown out and got tossed in this four sided time capsule box. There were some old high school stories I had written for the school paper, which would be great to show my daughter, a few baseball magazines from the '70's with Mark Fidrych on on the cover, and...
a couple of things I didn't expect.

I pulled out one of my old return envelopes from 1978. There was a return address scrawled in the top left hand corner from Atlanta, Georgia. I had opened the envelope more than 30-years ago, but when I looked inside, my fan letter was still in there. I opened it up, and there as a autographed note signed to me on my letter from the late Mack Jones. Mack was one of the original Expos, and hit the first pinch hit home run in Expos history. I loved watching Mack play for the few short years he was in Montreal, and he thanked me for the kind words I wrote way back then. It was really cool to see after all these years!

The last thing I found was something I knew I had...once...but thought was lost forever. I found an envelope addressed to me from NFL HQ. It was was dated February 23, 1972. Inside was a letter to me from and signed by Commissioner Pete Rozell.

I hooped and hollered when I saw these! My daughters 3 cats and her Lab all looked at me like I was insane.

To them you are insane, to us you are just part of the TTM family. Nice finds.
- Chris

Thanks Chris! I am assuming you are referring to those sabrematricians who are screaming at me through their computers on the "Sports Talk" thread, yes?

Well I was talking about the cats and dog, but now after reading the sports threads, yes them too.

I figured, but I was wondering if you had read those threads, as well. I know I've seen you over there before. God Bless those guys! You would have thought I was telling them the world is flat.

I figured, but I was wondering if you had read those threads, as well. I know I've seen you over there before. God Bless those guys! You would have thought I was telling them the world is flat.

Yeah, most the time they have some pretty good points, and sometimes I think they are way off base. Either way I love the discourse.

Yeah, most the time they have some pretty good points, and sometimes I think they are way off base. Either way I love the discourse.

Absolutely no denying their passion for what they believe in. It was fun, but it was time for it to end. Loved the line about strikeouts being facist, Chris. I'm going to watch that movie again tonight when my daughter goes to sleep.

NICE!

Mack Jones is one Expo I'll never get to write to, or get a response from... nice for you to get a "return" 5 years after he passed.

Congratz!