This seller puzzles me????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Looks like they may have the "new collector expectations". If the hits you get aren't huge, you're disappointed! I tend to see this from people who have grown up immersed in the era of insert/GU/Auto & 1/1 pulls in standard packs almost being commonplace. If you collected when pulling your favorite player was a thrill, you may not be down on the listed cards as much.

I didn't see anything in that lot that would excite me though either, so the seller is just sharing their feelings about some so-so cards.

Why? Read a few box breaks on these forums. People say the same thing. And if they get shorted, it's even worse. They complain about not getting a second or third $1.50 GU from the box, then if Topps or UD sends them a Brad Radke auto instead of a Pujols/Jeter/HOF low #'ed relic/auto, they screwed them TWICE! People are getting an overblown sense of entitlement as consumers, and it's only getting worse.

All I'm saying is that it's unlike a typical ebay seller to actually use the word "crap" in his auction title. All other ebay sellers who sell the same low-end jerseys make no mention of the fact that the card they're selling really isn't worth much, and some even go as far as to say the card "will go up in value over time." It's very rarely that a buyer sees a seller who is completely honest about the item. The word "amaze" in my title was not meant to put down the seller, nor to compliment his actions but to merely point out what he is doing is astonishing, and very rare for a seller to do on ebay. But yes, as a consumer, one has to realize that every box is not going to be amazing. You're paying for the chance to hit something big, just like the lottery. If every box was great, it would be Topps Sterling or UD Premier. But with a bad lottery ticket, you get absolutely nothing, with a bad box, the buyer gets a few common autos.

Why? Read a few box breaks on these forums. People say the same thing. And if they get shorted, it's even worse. They complain about not getting a second or third $1.50 GU from the box, then if Topps or UD sends them a Brad Radke auto instead of a Pujols/Jeter/HOF low #'ed relic/auto, they screwed them TWICE! People are getting an overblown sense of entitlement as consumers, and it's only getting worse.

Last edited:

Agree 110%

If they dont get 10 Patches per box, and the hits arent HOFers, the box sucks

I always get a kick out of auction titles like "world's ugliest lamp - please don't bid"

Haven't seen any in a while but they used to be fairly "common". And I was always amazed at how often those auctions ended pretty good for the seller.

I remember when I made pretty good money on a ****** 1953 Bowman Color Duke Snider, it had been in a box that had been gotten to by a rat and there were significant chew marks in the card, of course as a Giants fan I thought it was pretty neat and marketed it that way!

All I'm saying is that it's unlike a typical ebay seller to actually use the word "crap" in his auction title. All other ebay sellers who sell the same low-end jerseys make no mention of the fact that the card they're selling really isn't worth much, and some even go as far as to say the card "will go up in value over time." It's very rarely that a buyer sees a seller who is completely honest about the item. The word "amaze" in my title was not meant to put down the seller, nor to compliment his actions but to merely point out what he is doing is astonishing, and very rare for a seller to do on ebay. But yes, as a consumer, one has to realize that every box is not going to be amazing. You're paying for the chance to hit something big, just like the lottery. If every box was great, it would be Topps Sterling or UD Premier. But with a bad lottery ticket, you get absolutely nothing, with a bad box, the buyer gets a few common autos.

Yes, when they put stuff like that in their descriptions, it usually gains them a few extra hits just out of curiosity. The seller is saying what a lot of people would be thinking, so I'm sure some do appreciate the candor.