This was a pleasant surprise...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Andruw Jones 1/1 2 months
c/o Texas Rangers

I sent him a 2004 Fleer on the afternoon of the night he smashed three consecutive home runs, off the Angels, for the Rangers. I kept switching the channel between the Rangers game and Sponge Bob. My daughter loves that show. She was none to happy about the channel switching, but she let me watch his 3 home runs.

Great stuff, I have some Rangers customs of him. I dunno if I should try sending this late in the season though...what do you guys think?

Great stuff, I have some Rangers customs of him. I dunno if I should try sending this late in the season though...what do you guys think?

Thanks Andrew!

As for sending to him, I would wait until spring training or next season. This one was a 2-month turn around during the season. This late in the season you run the risk of losing your cards.

Good thing your daughter let you watch his at bats :). Congrats

I agree. I was very appreciative. It was a west coast game, and she should have been getting ready for bed any way. Hey, it was the summer. I let her stay up late.

When he hit the first one out I had a sneaky suspicion he was going to have a multiple home run game. He looked like he was swinging the bat really well, and he looked like he was in the zone, just like Reggie looked in game 6 of the '77 World Series. I had no idea he would hit three out that night, though. Reggie, on the other hand, looked like he was going to have that kind of night in '77.