Those collecting 09 Topps 206 set...a little help pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SevensGotAGun

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Hey all
I now know how to identify the mini SP's in 2009 Piedmont Minis? All the help is greatly appreciated especially the list below.

Thanks for your time
Shawn

Last edited:
A little info on the T206 product..........

Regular size cards 350, (50 are sps) The sps have no number on the back of the card. Sps are 1/4 packs.

A 300 set of bronze cards parallel the main set, 1 per pack. no sps. The bronze cards are thicker then the regular cards.

Mini Piedmont 350 cards, 50 are sps. Backs looks the same as the non sps. The sps can be spotted by their side edges (which are white). Two cards numbered 289. Sps
are the same sps as the main set.

Mini carolina back. They are 1/1.

Mini cycle, 300 cards. No sps. Numbered xx/99 on back

Mini old mill, 300 cards. No sps

Mini polar bear, 300 cards. No sps

And the best till last..............
Mini piedmont gold refractors, 50 cards, xx/50. The players and pictures used are same 50 sps from the main set.

Lots of autos. 3 autos for every 1 relic. Two types of autos. Framed and regular size card. Beckham is the hottest.

Four big relics in the set. foxx, cobb, jackie robinson and ruth. Three levels of relics. Piedmont, Polar bear, and old mill.

Larry
:cool: :D

Last edited:
Here is the list of sps (regular set, piedmont, and piedmont gold)

1b Ryan Howard VAR SP
10b Andrew McCutchen VAR SP
19b Mel Ott VAR SP
23b Koji Uehara VAR SP
28b Kenshin Kawakami VAR SP
36b Jimmie Foxx VAR SP
41b David Hernandez VAR SP
44b Michael Bowden VAR SP
49b Walter Johnson VAR SP
57b Matt LaPorta VAR SP
61b Derrek Holland VAR SP
66b Ty Cobb VAR SP
71b Dustin Pedroia VAR SP
72b Rick Porcello VAR SP
83b Rogers Hornsby VAR SP
87b Ryan Perry VAR SP
90b Alex Rodriguez VAR SP
102b Hanley Ramirez VAR SP
103b Andrew Bailey VAR SP
107b Fernando Martinez VAR SP
113b Tris Speaker VAR SP
116b Chase Utley VAR SP
120b Derek Jeter VAR SP
129b Ichiro Suzuki VAR SP
130b Honus Wagner VAR SP
137b Mark Teixeira VAR SP
138b Elvis Andrus VAR SP
142b Evan Longoria VAR SP
143b Cy Young VAR SP
154b Mickey Mantle VAR SP
160b Thurman Munson VAR SP
171b David Wright VAR SP
174b Gordon Beckham VAR SP
175b Manny Ramirez VAR SP
177b *** Wee Reese VAR SP
181b David Price VAR SP
207b Jackie Robinson VAR SP
224b Roy Campanella VAR SP
231b CC Sabathia VAR SP
234b Grady Sizemore VAR SP
237b Christy Mathewson VAR SP
254b Johnny Mize VAR SP
262b Tommy Hanson VAR SP
268b Aaron Poreda VAR SP
271b Lou Gehrig VAR SP
274b Colby Rasmus VAR SP
286b Tim Lincecum VAR SP
287b Babe Ruth VAR SP
299b Albert Pujols VAR SP
300b George Sisler VAR SP

Larry

Larry
Thanks for all the info, what doesnt help me will Im sure help others also. I knew most of it before getting started with the set and gathered the other 90% as I went along. But even though I noticed the difference in card stock in the minis, I wasnt for sure if those were the Piedmont SP's or not. If so some list 3 cards with a reg, sp, and variation. That threw me for a loop. Wasnt sure how to spot those. The 2 cards numbered the same will definitely help me. I read the spread sheet at the hobby shop and HDJstuff's review and still had those few questions. Im usually good at googling this info but the first 2 pages kept coming up ebay auctions and items for sale. All the other smaller baseball sites had the exact same blurb info which didnt help. I truely appreciate the help.

Shawn

PS: Ive been trying to keep my eye out for one of those Turkey Red Ripkens for you.

Hey all
I know how to identify the SP in the 2009 206 reg set with just the name on the back and no #. My question is.... what do the mini SP's and Variations look like? I bought lots of retail blasters and a box of hobby and should have received at least one mini SP or variation in the hobby box. The only ones I notice different are the few white thinner stock minis that if you lay them on thier side and compare are different. Are those the SP's and if so what are or where are a list of the variations? Please someone shed some light or point me to an article that would clear all the questions up. Any help is greatly appreciated up front.

Thanks for your time
Shawn

Here's some more information you might need.........
(If your doing the mini set)

Few errors on numbering (piedmont minis only)(might be for other minis also)
42 Crede Should be 50
42 Marquis
151 Gamel Should be 158
151 Lablanc
174 Uehara Should be #23
174 Beckham
289 Cahill should be 290
289 Whitesell
290 Guzman should be 295
295 Latos should be 296

Larry
:cool: :D

Here is what I retrieved in addition to the info a quote from another site:

"there are 50 sp white edge variations just like in the main set. in addition i have confirmed these additional variations:

I have two versions of these 3 minis:
42 crede, marquis
151 leblanc, gamel
289 cahill, whitesell

and card 174 has 3 versions: 2 of beckham, and Uehara (only confirmed in old mill)
129 ichiro has 3 versions: the regular and white edge sp, as well as another regular that has a slightly larger image"

It seems that Topps has made this set much more complex than usual. I guess the collector can choose to collect a simple set or go for the harder one.
Good Luck All
Shawn

Last edited:
Big thanks to Greg for getting me to this thread. I can confirm the Uehara Front/Beckham Back Error. I pulled one last night, but didn't know it until this morning when I tried to put them in my store and noticed something not right with the numbers.

I have been referring to this card as a "wrong back" because the number and the team are both for Beckham and the front is obviously all Uehara. If the front is Uehara, does this make it a Uehara card? Or does the back having Beckham's card number make it a Beckham card?

I really like Larry's list in post #3, but do we have enough info here to get a list of all of the cards with a "c" variation? Thanks for the work you folks have done to track down info on this evolving subject.

Big thanks to Greg for getting me to this thread. I can confirm the Uehara Front/Beckham Back Error. I pulled one last night, but didn't know it until this morning when I tried to put them in my store and noticed something not right with the numbers.

I have been referring to this card as a "wrong back" because the number and the team are both for Beckham and the front is obviously all Uehara. If the front is Uehara, does this make it a Uehara card? Or does the back having Beckham's card number make it a Beckham card?

I really like Larry's list in post #3, but do we have enough info here to get a list of all of the cards with a "c" variation? Thanks for the work you folks have done to track down info on this evolving subject.

Is that confirmation only for old mill mini? Or have you found standard size card with this triple variation also?

Jim (somewhat expecting to continually discover Topps shenanigans regarding this set, after what they did in 2002)