Tiffany vs. Regular

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiffany is glossy. I have some Topps and Fleer Tiffany cards and when I compare them to the regular Topps or Fleer cards from the same set it is very obvious to me which one is which. I don't believe they have a marking anywhere to identify them, at least the ones I have don't.

Tom

The best comparison is the Topps traded factors sets. If you have ever seen the backs of those, you will see they are brighter and aren't your typical cardboard stock. Tiffany is made from the same material.

The best comparison is the Topps traded factors sets. If you have ever seen the backs of those, you will see they are brighter and aren't your typical cardboard stock. Tiffany is made from the same material.

but don't forget , at least 2 years of the topps traded sets (1990 and 1991) came in two different versions....for each of those two years , the traded sets could be found printed on the same gray stock as the regular set AND on a much brighter (and thinner) white stock (one version was found in boxed sets while the other came from the wax packs).....over the years , i've seen quite a few people (including many knowledgeable collectors) mix up the basic white-stock traded cards for their much scarcer and pricier tiffany counterparts...

If I recall right the backs are not glossy, they look just like the backs of the traded which was stated prior. The bowman are the same way, glossy fronts as the topps. They are easy to distinguish if the two different are in front of you.