To Resubmit Or Not To Resubmit? That Is My ? Grading "Experts" Come In!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Since PSA started grading on a .5 scale a while back, I've wondered if this card would go up, down or stay the same. Any opinions?

Also, a couple of questions for you frequent graders out there.

#1 - Will the grading company break the card out of the case? I think I would damage the card to be honest.

#2 - If you were going to resubmit the card, would you go with PSA again or Beckett?

#3 - Can anyone provide me with the population report for PSA 9, PSA 9.5 & PSA 10? I would appreciate it! (Do they list values for them as well?)

Any feedback/info is appreciated!

Thanks
Craig

*I know it may be hard to tell without the card being in your hands...

ADPSA9F77.jpg

ADPSA9B77.jpg

Wow, I think a 1977 Dawson in PSA9 is pretty good. I would leave it as is.
I don't know if the breakdown is the same across PSA, but Beckett has graded 329 '77 Dawsons and only seven are 9s and one a 9.5.

I am by no means an expert, so take this with a grain of salt :) ....

About the only thing that can be seen from that scan (or any scan, really) is the centering, and I think the left to right centering would keep this card from getting a bump. For a 9.5 or 10, the center has to be almost perfect. This is off a little, especially at the top, and has a little bit of a tilt. Also, is there a little bit of chipping on the left edge of the card, about even with John Scott's hands? Hard to tell, but it looks like it.

BTW, very nice card, that I would be very proud to own in any case.

- Britt

Edit to add:
I can't answer questions 2 & 3, but as for #1, psa cases are very easy to crack open. I don't know exactly how they do it there, but at home you can easily get a card out undamaged with some wire cutters and a flat head screw driver.

Very nice card. I am partial to BGS myself and I have a graded McGwire section with a lot there if you want to look you can compare and it might give you an idea of what you might expect from them.I also know BGS will crack it for you I believe it is a $2.00 fee,unless it has changed.

Since PSA started grading on a .5 scale a while back, I've wondered if this card would go up, down or stay the same. Any opinions?

Also, a couple of questions for you frequent graders out there.

#1 - Will the grading company break the card out of the case? I think I would damage the card to be honest.

#2 - If you were going to resubmit the card, would you go with PSA again or Beckett?

#3 - Can anyone provide me with the population report for PSA 9, PSA 9.5 & PSA 10? I would appreciate it! (Do they list values for them as well?)

Hey Craig,

1. Yes, if you do a regrade, they break the case.

2. PSA, you have a better chance of coming away with a 10 from PSA than Beckett.

3. The SMR (PSA's price guide) value of a 9 is $120, and they don't list 10's due to scarcity.

On my Mookie PSA 10 the centering is off a touch from left to right and it still got Gem status, so yours has a shot I would think.

mwpsa10.png

Good luck, you have a good chance of a 10 by the looks of it!

Thanks,

Jeremy

otgoal - Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the PSA 9. Also, I appreciate the Beckett info!

bsatttu - You have some GREAT vision! I didn't even notice that and I was holding the actual card! Thanks for the other info as well.

7guns - Thanks! (Nice cards!)

jrchoholic83 - Thanks for the info! I would be sad if it came back a 8.5 though. Love the Mookie!

Thanks
Craig