Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Butkus...

Yes, Dick Butkus 2/1 2 weeks
c/o home

Many thanks to walston32 for the help! Butkus has long been one of my favorite players, going back to the early '70's when he was anchoring the Bears defense. Man, I loved the way he hit! Plus, he had that great last name! What a name for a middle linebacker! The Bears have long had some of the greatest player names. When you think of Nagurski, Butkus, Halas, Payton, and Sayers you think of football, period. It was so cool to get him after many years of trying!

congrats Jim, glad to help !!!

I sent him a 1970 Topps, and he sent that back along with an inscribed signed Hall of Fame card. Very cool! I love that 1970 set! It was the first football set I ever collected and completed, and now I'm working on a signed 1970 set. It was a risk sending that NM '70 Topps, but I am so thrilled when it came back signed! Those cards take me back to when I was a kid, and I would walk a mile to the nearest UTOTEM to get a few packs of '70 Topps Football or Baseball for a dime a pack. Man, I wish I had the foresight to keep some of those unopened packs. Looking at those cards just reminds me of what it was like to tear open those packs and smell that stale gum. Good times!