Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

houbb

Art Howe 2/2 3 days (1979 Topps & 1989 HSE)
17214 Calico Peak Way
Cypress, TX 77433-2113

Howe hit probably the biggest home run in Astros history, when his two run blast at Dodger Stadium, off of Dave Goltz, put the Astros on top 4-0 in the one game playoff against LA in 1980. With Joe Niekro on the mound, that was an insurmountable lead, as Houston went to their first NLCS with a 7-1 win. Just getting past Los Angeles wasn't easy, though. As Houston headed to LA to close out the season with three games in Los Angeles, the Astros had a three game lead. It quickly expired as, and I'm not making this up, the Dodgers won three straight games with WALK OFF HOME RUNS, to force a one game playoff. It was the most nerve wracking four games I ever saw!

Today also brought a hockey legend...

Henri Richard 7/3 2 weeks (signed 3 index cards, included signed HOF IC, & 3 signed Molson cards!!!!!!)
4300 Place Des Cageaux #905
Laval, PQ
H7W 4Z3
Canada

Wow!!!!!!!

great job Jim..i did not know HSE made cards!!that takes me back :)

great job Jim..i did not know HSE made cards!!that takes me back :)

I love those odd ball regional sets. I believe they only did them for the Astros for that one year.

Siksyko, I agree, Montreal players are great! Always have been. Probably explains why they have long been one of my favorite teams.