Review Topps Dynasties & Rivalries Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Dynasties & Rivalries Edition

6 packs - 5 Cards per pack
'One Relic or Autographed Relic Card #ed to 99 or Less in Every Pack!'

I received the following:

Base Cards
jpg328.jpg

15 base cards (#ed 1-75) - no duplicates!!

The cards are highly reflective - mirror finish - and printed on very heavy and stiff stock. The front features a picture of the player and the reverse has his stats. The set consists of many of the players of 'yesteryear' - Mantle, Cobb, Ruth, Walter Johnson, Jim Bunning, Jackie Robinson, Campanella, Berra, to name a few and a good number of the players of today.

T205 Cards #ed 76-90
jpg329.jpg

Again, this group has players from the past and present. These 2 are Seaver and Jeter.

Rivalries #91-100

jpg330.jpg

I received Hatfields v. McCoys and the Montagues v. Capulets

Inserts

Blue Parallels #ed to 399

jpg331.jpg

Robinson
Mantle
Munson
Moby v. Ahab

Black Parallel #ed to 99

Joe Mauer (T205)

jpg332.jpg

Gold Parallel #ed to 50

Jim Bunning

Game Used Inserts

jpg333.jpg

Jeter 1 GU jsy #ed to 99
Justin Morneau 3 GU bat #ed to 50
Brock 1 GU bat #ed to 25

Auto/GU Inserts

jpg334.jpg

Jason Heyward Auto / 2GU jsy #ed to 99
Prince Fielder Auto / 2 GU jsy #ed to 75
Dustin Pedroia Auto / 1 GU bat #ed to 50

Dynasties and Rivalries should be a good issue for those wanting to pick up some cards from the past of some of the greats of the game. Not everyone can afford cards from the late 20's, 30's and 40's and this is a great way to get some cool cards of these players.

I must say that these packs are not inexpensive. I have seen them in Orlando for $55 each - not for the collector on a budget. However, if one pulls the 'right' card or cards.... then maybe they can pay for themselves.

The autos - are stickers and the cards are designed for stickers. The autos are embedded in the card and not just stuck on the outside of the card. IF we have to have stickers, and it looks like the companies cannot get away from them, this is the way to do it.

I keep looking at the Mauer card I received... it is an insert #ed to 99 and it is a black parallel of the T205 regular card. It looks like a black and white refractor card - pretty cool.

The blue parallel set might be a set someone would want to pursue. I have found many of the blue parallels on the 'bay' at really reasonable prices - especially in lots.

Overall grade A- I would have liked a little larger set with some rookies included in the base set.

Go buy several boxes and send the gold and black parallels of Mr. Longoria, of the league leading RAYS, to me!

Duane

Duane, I could use the Mauer Black, Morneau GU and Jeter GU.

Only think I have of Longo is a 2010 Chcle BAT GU, and a couple RC cards

Pretty sure I have some of your other guys but I'd have to check at home, All my lists are ridiculously out of date.

-Nick

Daune
I could really use the serisl#d Bunning and if the Seaver is Serial#d could uae it for my hall of fame collection.

what are you looking to get for the Thurman Munson ..that is a really good looking card and that is one Yankees player i really don't have much of...

Jeter T205

Duane:

Thanks. What can I send you in trade? I have a nice Topps Chicle
Mark Teixeira Game-Worn Pants Chicle Back 107/199. Can we work
something around it?

Thanks.

Duane:

Thanks. What can I send you in trade? I have a nice Topps Chicle
Mark Teixeira Game-Worn Pants Chicle Back 107/199. Can we work
something around it?

Thanks.

I appreciate the offer.... IF you want to send the Teixeira, thats great, but either way, I will send the Jeter to you.

Duane

Duane:

I know I owe you from the past so the Teixeira is yours. Trade has been
posted - please confirm.

Thanks.

Duane, did you happen to pull any of the Orioles, Duke Snider, Koufax (if he is in this set this year) or Stan Musial from the base set?
Thanks for the review!
Zac

Duane, thank you very much for the Palmer!
I gave it to my friend who is a die-hard O's fan and he loved it!
Zac

Hey Duane,
Nice stuff! Did it come with a checklist by chance? I was wondering if Winfield was in this product. Which I doubt it. They havent been putting Winnie in the newer stuff as of late.

Thanks
Chris

Hey Duane, did you happen to pull a Clemente or any other Pirates from this set? It looks like a really cool set. Thanks for sharing it with us.