Review Topps Lineage Baseball 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Lineage Baseball 2011

24 packs per box -- 8 cards per pack
2 Autographs and 1 relic card per box!

I received the following:

159 original and unique cards - NO DUPLICATES!!!! :D
79.5% of the base set of 200 cards - very good!!

img015.jpg

Lineage is a great mixture of vets, current stars, and rookies. The front of the card has an action picture on a high gloss white card. The reverse has a story of the player's highlights - if one doesn't remember how dominant the player was in the history of baseball.

Inserts

Venezuelan Topps
Tulo and Kershaw

img016.jpg

3D and Cloth

2 of Each

img017.jpg

Cutout and Rookies

2 cutouts
4 Rookies (set of 20)

img018.jpg

Foil & Glitter

img019.jpg

5 Foil
6 Glitter

Mini's

6x

img020.jpg

Box Topper

img023.jpg

Game Used (mini)

img021.jpg

Autos

img022.jpg

Fernando Rodney
Bobby Shantz - on card!!

Lineage - excellent set for the set builder - rookies, vets, and retired historical ball players. As a baseball fan, we need the occasional reminder of the rich history of our national pasttime. Ruth, Musial, Young, Seaver, Munson, Cobb, O"Neill, Dawson to name just a few - pretty cool. This would also be a great set for the younger collector to give them a great perspective of the game.

The parallels are done well. The foil and glitter parallels are rather scarce - only 5 of one and 6 of the other. If one wants to build one of these sets, it might take a bit of work, but probably well worth the effort when the last card fills the set.

Autos - oh yeah..... Shantz is on the card! VERY GOOD and the auto is excellent - one can actually read his auto!! Many of the current players could take lessons from Mr. Shantz.

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Duane, If the Britton Rookie insert is up for trade I would like a shot at it. I opened a few boxes of Lineage so I should have some rays for you or if you are doing the base set I maybe able to complete it for you. PLMK either way.
Thanks,
Trish

PS I really like this set as well. Nice and simple

Duane, If the Britton Rookie insert is up for trade I would like a shot at it. I opened a few boxes of Lineage so I should have some rays for you or if you are doing the base set I maybe able to complete it for you. PLMK either way.
Thanks,
Trish

PS I really like this set as well. Nice and simple

Mr. Britton is yours.

Duane

LOVED the idea behind this set, but they half-assed it, methinks.

Regardless, I see Tom Seaver #200 there, which I need, and anything else Metly. Who's the other 3D card, besides Ichiro? I have a post up about collecting the 3D set, but got no response, so I think I'm going to give up on it and just find the David Wright.

I like the release, but since Heritage ought to be doing 1964 in a couple years I wasn't sure why the Stand-ups and Boxtoppers were included since they should be then.