Topps replacement cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryjtj

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Now I know why dealing with Topps is always a mess. From a pack of series 1 2021 Topps I pulled an Alec Bohm #277A photo variation " looking skyward which had a BV of $120. It was off cut! I received the replacement card today, a Nico Hoerner 2021 Topps Mother's Day pink card, BV $25.00. The note from Topps said this card had a equal market value. Must be inflation! Now I know why I have quit buying many boxes of Cards! Jerry

Understand your frustration but at least you got something back. I've been waiting for two years for this redemption.
2019 Donruss Signature Pink Fireworks RC auto Fernado Tatis Jr
and over a year for
2020 Absolute Ink Spectrum Purple auto Ben Zobrist

Bought a $60 pack a few years back (Museum or Tribute, don’t remember which) and pulled a redemption RC auto of Corey Seager. Sent it in anyway with a note, telling them to send me anything of equal value in the event they didn’t have the Seager anymore. I got a letter back saying “sorry, your redemption is expired”. Nothing.

As long as they have a Monopoly ...their the only game in town. We need to get MLB to stop this and allow at least 3 companies to complete against each other. Best regards, David PS I would have offer to take three players name from you and given u a choice of auto's from theses three players.

Bought a $60 pack a few years back (Museum or Tribute, don’t remember which) and pulled a redemption RC auto of Corey Seager. Sent it in anyway with a note, telling them to send me anything of equal value in the event they didn’t have the Seager anymore. I got a letter back saying “sorry, your redemption is expired”. Nothing.

Yeah, Panini notified everyone about several months ago, if a redemption has expired, they will not send you a card. They used to send one out either way, but of course, not anymore. :mad:(n)

Yeah, Panini notified everyone about several months ago, if a redemption has expired, they will not send you a card. They used to send one out either way, but of course, not anymore. :mad:(n)
I think card companies should pull their products with expired redemptions from the shelves if they are not going to honor them. You pay a good amount of money in order to get a guaranteed hit, and you end up with 3 or 4 base cards.

I think card companies should pull their products with expired redemptions from the shelves if they are not going to honor them. You pay a good amount of money in order to get a guaranteed hit, and you end up with 3 or 4 base cards.
The companies no longer own the product. Unless they offered a buy-back this wouldn’t work
The answer is to stop using redemptions period or go to a points store like panini has.

The companies no longer own the product. Unless they offered a buy-back this wouldn’t work
The answer is to stop using redemptions period or go to a points store like panini has.
That would be ideal (if the companies stop putting redemption cards in boxes). In the meantime, the card company is the one who printed the box that claims “one autograph in every box”. Now they are not standing by their own printed offer. I guarantee you my claim that they owe my an autograph card if I take them to court will stand. But who would spend thousands of dollars in lawyers to win a $10 baseball card? What makes me mad is that they have probably hundreds of auto and relic cards laying around and decide not to send anything to a paying customer.

I have a question. If they don't honor the redemption if expired, what happens to the cards made for the redemptions? Butch

I have a question. If they don't honor the redemption if expired, what happens to the cards made for the redemptions? Butch
If they actually get made they get used as replacements for other cards or (in panini’s case) added to the points rewards store.

They are really avoiding the cards from boxes that people have kept over the years. For example, a guy still had an unopened box of 2016 Panini Prizm Basketball. Sells it to a guy that then opens it, and gets a redemption card of a top star. I bet it was very difficult for them to get that same card sent out to that person. I understand why they did it, but still stinks if I were to pull a redemption from one of my older boxes and its now worthless.

They are really avoiding the cards from boxes that people have kept over the years. For example, a guy still had an unopened box of 2016 Panini Prizm Basketball. Sells it to a guy that then opens it, and gets a redemption card of a top star. I bet it was very difficult for them to get that same card sent out to that person. I understand why they did it, but still stinks if I were to pull a redemption from one of my older boxes and its now worthless.
I understand. My point is, I paid a premium price in order to get a hit. Just send me a hit. What is there for the companies to lose? They are just pissing off their paying customers.

I understand. My point is, I paid a premium price in order to get a hit. Just send me a hit. What is there for the companies to lose? They are just pissing off their paying customers.

Totally agree with you.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online