topps rookie trophy cards motivation needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
hey guys, i have been thinking about it for years to collect each and every single topps trophy rookie cards..anyone have some pics, photos of their collections to inspire? also thinking of getting all of them signed eventually, anyone try this or have pics, trying to gt motivated once and for all to do this set. thanks
elbert

I know that YankeeBob63 collects these cards and has some lists on his website.

I also know that mrmopar collects autographed copies of these.

Good luck with the collection.

Michael

I have several cards with the trophy on them, from 88-90, aswell as 1 or 2 with autos. PM me if you need these.

I have most of them signed myself, but no great scans to motivate you. I need about 30 more to complete the signed run from 1960-2010. I do the non-trophy cards as well, including the non trophy years (1974 and 1979-86) and those select few who were on the Topps All Rookie Team but for whatever strange reason didn't get a trophy.

It's a tough theme set to do and there are some brutal ones that will leave all but the richest wanting (Munson)!!

I have most of them signed myself, but no great scans to motivate you. I need about 30 more to complete the signed run from 1960-2010. I do the non-trophy cards as well, including the non trophy years (1974 and 1979-86) and those select few who were on the Topps All Rookie Team but for whatever strange reason didn't get a trophy.

It's a tough theme set to do and there are some brutal ones that will leave all but the richest wanting (Munson)!!

Did you ever get you 82 Linares?

Hey buddy,I have the complete sub set from 1960-2010,It took me 7 years to complete it,There is some tuff ones to find and others are very easy to find,The harest one for me was the 1971 Dave Cash.I can get scans if you want to see them,Now some are going to be a little pricey and others not,it all depends on what grade you want them to be.I'm not a big Pete Rose fan,the 1964 Pete Rose is the only Rose card I have,So if you would like to see some scans pm me and it may take a few days but I can bring them up again.

Jon

Munson was also well known as a tough signature most of his career. That probably contributed more to the demand than a "short career". He played from 1969-1979, not the shortest of careers, but his death was at young age (he was 32 when he died in that plane crash) and very unexpected and he died before the height in autograph collecting popularity.

That card is insanely popular as well. One of the coolest cards ever in my opinion.

The last one I saw listed on ebay was up at $1200 OBO. I believe it sold off ebay, most likely for a bit less, but maybe not too much less!

mopar, how much is a Munson? And...... why so much?

Munson was also well known as a tough signature most of his career. That probably contributed more to the demand than a "short career". He played from 1969-1979, not the shortest of careers, but his death was at young age (he was 32 when he died in that plane crash) and very unexpected and he died before the height in autograph collecting popularity.

That card is insanely popular as well. One of the coolest cards ever in my opinion.

The last one I saw listed on ebay was up at $1200 OBO. I believe it sold off ebay, most likely for a bit less, but maybe not too much less!

I see. I knew he died young, but he was so popular while he played I just imagined him signing hundreds of autos everywhere he went. The whole NYC thing... Yeah, $1,200 would be a little out of my range as well. ;)