Review Topps Stadium Club - 2014 M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Stadium Club - 2014 M L B

3 mini boxes - 6 packs per mini - 5 cards per pack
'1 on-card auto in every mini box!'

I received these:

76 base cards - 38% of the 200 card base set

img119_zps1573149e.jpg

The return of Stadium Club!! As in the past, Stadium Club are full bleed high definition photos - and they look fantastic. The front has silver foil imprint - name and team name. The reverse is designed great - a different small pic of the player (different from the front shot), a highlight of the player's career, and his 2013 stats and career stats.

Stadium Club is a great set for the set builder and the player collector. With only 200 cards in the base set, one should be able to build the set with just 3 master boxes - or at least be close enough to trade for the remainder.

img121_zps00c5fcd6.jpg

Also included in the base set are some black and white shots of players of yore - Ruth, Cobb, Banks, Aaron, Robinson - to name a few, PLUS other players - such as IRod, and Belle. These are excellent additions to the set to continue the rich history of baseball.

Inserts

Silver and Gold Parallels

img120_zps9ba8399b.jpg

2 'silver' parallels - Bautista and Cargo -- I am not 100% sure these are 'silver' parallels - the foil seems to be reflective - no markings on the card to say for sure.
1 Gold - Julio Teheran - Gold foil (no numbering i.e. #ed to 100 etc...)

Beam Team and Field Access

img122_zps24370e09.jpg

1 Beam Team - Scherzer
3 Field Access - Maddux, Kershaw, Griffey Jr.

Die Cuts

img123_zps995e4142.jpg

Future Stars - Wacha
Luminous - Wainwright
Legends - Koufax

Autos

img124_zpsf4acf0e4.jpg

Eric Johnson
Jean Segura
Rafael Montero

All 'on-card' blue Sharpee autos - look fantastic! The cards are designed for the autos with a lighter box on the bottom of the card - well done.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

As usual, I really like the die cuts - they are my favorite insert, followed closely by the Beam Team insert.

One gripe - number the inserts - mark the inserts - S - silver, G - gold, B - bronze, etc - help us out here a little bit.

I purchased another box and received a refractor parallel #ed to just 25 - easy to spot.

Overall grade A -- glad to see Stadium Club back on the shelves!

Go buy several master boxes and send the - non-playoff below .500 - Rays to me!

Duane

Hopefully, future editions will have more Cubs. Sucks about Friedman leaving you guys.

Duane, Lots of di-cuts it looks like. Are these high price range? Can use any Mets especially that nice Montero auto. I do like the almost-pure look of the card with pics to the edge and just writing on the bottom. Thanks

Duane - I could use the Gomez foil. Need any of these?

Price, David (TB) 2014 Finest 64 xfractor
Romero, Enny (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 3 refractor RC
Moore, Matt (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 102 refractor
Cobb, Alex (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 48 xfractor
Moore, Matt (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 102 xfractor
Myers, Wil (TB) 2014 Topps Heritage NAP-WM New Age Performers

Duane - I could use the Gomez foil. Need any of these?

Price, David (TB) 2014 Finest 64 xfractor
Romero, Enny (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 3 refractor RC
Moore, Matt (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 102 refractor
Cobb, Alex (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 48 xfractor
Moore, Matt (TB) 2014 Topps Chrome 102 xfractor
Myers, Wil (TB) 2014 Topps Heritage NAP-WM New Age Performers

You can have the Cargo - if you want to send one of the above - suprise me!

Duane

Duane, Lots of di-cuts it looks like. Are these high price range? Can use any Mets especially that nice Montero auto. I do like the almost-pure look of the card with pics to the edge and just writing on the bottom. Thanks

Price range - here in O'do, the boxes run about $115. I'll see how many Mets I have. You may have the Montero auto.

Duane

Price range - here in O'do, the boxes run about $115. I'll see how many Mets I have. You may have the Montero auto.

Duane
Whoa, a bit pricey for me. I appreciate the help with the Montero/Mets. I'll have to keep an eye out and trade for any other Mets. I'll check and see if I've gotten any new Rays since the last ones I sent. Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for the review Duane. Stadium club is my favorite looking cards every year. I love the full bleed action photos. Please LMK if you pulled any of these.

9 20 28 29 32 55 81 91 129 175 187 188

Thanks, Brett