topps triple thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigmax172

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I'm getting very annoyed at this year's topps triple threads. Today's pulls included a rookie American League pitcher auto with 3 gu bat pieces. Great game used relic for someone who doesn't bat. Then a double Yankee player gu patch except the patches for one of the players is green and yellow. I doubt he wore green and yellow at New York. Maybe I'm just being picky but for a high end product I don't think its too much to ask for a little attention to detail. Sorry just had to vent.

Scott

First off,not sure how long you've been back but welcome home Scott!

Topps is good at using different uniforms on their patches like Spring Training,All-star games or that player's previous team so maybe that could be from them. Also,Topps is the only baseball brand now so they don't have to believe in attention to detail lol.

yeah finally got back to the states a few months ago. have a lot of catching up to do and sorting to accomplish. who are you still collecting? take care

Scott

Just got a little unlucky I think, if you busted a few more, I'm sure you would get something nice. My friend got a pujols/hanley dual auto booklet. It's just a gamble and it's all about luck in my opinion

yeah pulled a Gwynn auto and a Pujols gu's in another box but the quality is weak on those as well

yeah finally got back to the states a few months ago. have a lot of catching up to do and sorting to accomplish. who are you still collecting? take care

Scott

Still collecting Pujols and recently started collecting Mets 1st baseman Ike Davis. Still have a few Mets needs but they're mostly high end items and the only way I'll get them is if I win the lottery lol.

Is anyone still trying to believe that any of the relics in cards these days have any actual connection to the players despicted anymore? They're just random woodchips, behind die cut windows. They're not necessarily even from bats or jerseys; just wood and fabric.