Review Topps Update Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Update Series

36 packs // 10 cards per pack
One Auto or one relic in every box.

I received the following:

One full base set of 300 cards plus 22 extra!!

img833_zpsemesmb0w.jpg

Following the Series 1 and Series 2, Update has the same design, printed on the same type paper, and has several of the same / continuing inserts.

For the Topps set builder/collector this is a 'must' issue - it also has many of the players that have been traded and several rookies included.

Parallels

Gold #ed to 2016 and Foil

img834_zpsa20kyf8h.jpg

Gold - 6x -- I like the gold design on these parallels
Foil - 4x -- sometimes a bit hard to distinguish

3000 Hits / Fire

img836_zpsjd8ifctf.jpg

3000 Hit Club -- 5x
Fire - 4x -- very cool design

Franklin / Ichiro

img835_zps5eqnre6w.jpg

Franklin - 4x
Ichiro - 5x

Black & White // Photo Variation

img838_zpsyo9vx6v9.jpg

Black and White - Fernando Rodney (another Ray that got traded....)
Photo Variation - Robert Stephenson

First Pitch

img837_zpshsqf2hbn.jpg

First Pitch - 6x

Auto

img839_zpsq4n0dszz.jpg

Michael Fulmer

Auto is sticker on a well designed card. Looks great!

I was pleased to get a complete set out of one hobby box. Normally, I am 20 or so cards short with 40+ dupes -- Thank you for a complete set.

Overall grade A -- maybe # or label the foil cards??

Go buy a box or 3 and send the Black and White Rays to me!

Duane

Blake would be excellent. What shall I send in return?

Duane

Nothing at all. Consider it a little thank you for all the stuff you have sent not only my way, but to everyone else here on The Bench. I will post it up and should be heading to the PO tomorrow.

duane,

sounds awesome, what can I offer you in trade or what would you be looking for in particular??

steve

Steve - I am thinning out - drastically - my collection. Do you have any older cards - 1960 or older? I have a 60 Topps set that could use a few upgrades....

Duane

Is the Stephenson photo variation for trade or are you and Steve in negotiation for all of above? Thanks Duane

Steve - I am thinning out - drastically - my collection. Do you have any older cards - 1960 or older? I have a 60 Topps set that could use a few upgrades....

Duane

duane,

sorry I don't. the furthest I go back is 1980. would $30.00 dlvd be ok?? $25.00 for the set and $5.00 shipping in small flat rate box -- 4 bricks of 75 cards each.

steve