Topps - what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horfin

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
In 2022 I bought my son (for his birthday) a box of 2021 Bowman's Best. He pulled a redemption card of Marcello Meyer. He was so excited it was a red parallel, Numbered out of 5.

Without any notice I received a text from FedEx on Monday saying a package was coming to me from Mesquite, Texas. I figured it was from Topps. I logged into my account and it showed no open redemptions and in my redemptions it showed: "topps chrome adley rutschman"

I got the package today it was a Topps chrome rookie auto of Adley Rutschtman #d of 499.

I never requested a sub and in my opinion a #'d of 499 of AR is not a equal or greater value as a #'d of most stars and definitely not Marcello Meyer.

What is everyone's opinion?

Thanks!
Bill

Not sure if there were any stipulations in the original redemption but it is still worth a call to Topps. Sometimes a replacement is included if a player issue arises but it your case it seems way too much of a discrepancy from a /499 to #/5. I would contact them and really ***** about it. Jim

That's a shame... you have a legitimate complaint here, even though I don't know the players or their card values... I don't see why they would replace the /5 card unless they sent them out as replacements for other redemptions, which is a big no no. I would call, tell them who the card is for (maybe u get a sympathetic mother on the phone) and if they can't get the original card try negotiating for another rare card of one of your son's favorite players. I've never had to call about a redemption replacement but I would think Topps is a big enough company that they can spare another low numbered card in this case.
Sorry for rambling... if u get the shaft from Topps raise heck on social media that they wouldn't accommodate a child's card!
TC

You might want to do a little research before you call. Literally took me less than 5 minutes to look it up and see it was an even swap. Both sell for right around $200. Looks like the only thing he signed in the 2021 Bowman's Best set was the Future Vibrance insert so the 2022 red is probably what they used for a value comparison.