Tracking my Thomas NNOF RC on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
As many of you know I had a 1990 Topps NNOF RC up on eBay and I had a contest to see who could guess closest to the final sale price.

I sold my Thomas for $305 which I was fine with.

The winner of my card flipped it on eBay for $429.

Now that buyer listed is and got $213 for it.

All for the same card is crazy how much fluxuation there is on eBay. Its has now switched owners 5 times in the last 3 months.

Thought I would share,
Don

Honestly, I am surprised you got as much as you did and that is crazy that the 2nd owner got more! If I remember correctly, the condition is what probably hurt your bottom line. The last seller got more along what I would expect. Tells you that you can never predict what will happen in the crazy world of ebay, buying or selling.

I wonder if it will be put up again.

Nice post

Don,

More people need to read posts like this. There is no magic listing format or scan that can net someone maximum profit on the bay.

Just as an aside, this was the first product that a friend and I pooled money together to bust cases chasing this card. 4 cases later and one NNOF Thomas later, the dye was cast...

Steve

As many of you know I had a 1990 Topps NNOF RC up on eBay and I had a contest to see who could guess closest to the final sale price.

All for the same card is crazy how much fluxuation there is on eBay. Its has now switched owners 5 times in the last 3 months.

Thought I would share,
Don

Thought I would share,
Don

Huge fluctuations happen all the time ESPECIALLY in auctions because many buyer intend to flip it (as seen in your former Thomas NNOF). A safer bet is to do a Fixed Price with a best offer. Just my 2 cents

A safer bet is to do a Fixed Price with a best offer.

Sometimes that works, but I don't get some sellers. Why put up a $10 card for $70 BIN/BO and run it over and over and over and over.... and never lower the price? ::shrugs::

Ebay is a crazy place! I got this beauty for $7:

Elite12.jpg

Even though he never really wore #12 (only in spring training for the Sox), the Aspirations are #/jersey #, so I thought #12/12 was pretty hot. Anyway, the very next day another one ended, #7/12.... for $75! Crazy...

Sometimes that works, but I don't get some sellers. Why put up a $10 card for $70 BIN/BO and run it over and over and over and over.... and never lower the price? ::shrugs::

Ebay is a crazy place! I got this beauty for $7:

Elite12.jpg

Even though he never really wore #12 (only in spring training for the Sox), the Aspirations are #/jersey #, so I thought #12/12 was pretty hot. Anyway, the very next day another one ended, #7/12.... for $75! Crazy...

That is a sweet pick up. I like how the card is red, white, and blue...and die cut. Very sharp card indeed.

eBay is just a snapshot of a week's time. Who knows who will see your auction or if someone needs that "white whale" and you just happen to have it.

i hate that with a passion. they put the 10 dollar card up then when you offer them 12 for it they counter with 40 and refuse to go lower. when i put one up i usually put it about 25 percent above sell value hoping to either get someone to overpay a little which sometimes work or to offer me the going rate. i see no point in putting something up for 5-6 times what its worth and then not be willing to negotiate.