Trade bait. Is it worth it?

Trade bait. Is it worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 68.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This is what happens to me, i mostly buy things for my pc after a while some things in my pc become for trade as i dont consider them pc anymore so that becomes my trade bait, its mostly good stuff thats the way i work

For me, it is absolutely worth it to buy tradebait. As someone who rarely busts boxes, I wouldn't have anything to trade for Chippers otherwise. The shows in my area don't really have much in the Chipper department and the cost of shipping on eBay for 1 card can be ridiculous.

I usually hunt for the bargain bins at the show and stock up on a great stack of tradebait for the fraction of a cost of buying a box. I tend to mostly pick up numbered cards and the occasional insert card because I know that someone on this board can use it and it will eventually get traded. I just recently picked up a huge stack of tradebait that probably would have taken me busting almost 3/4 of a case of product to get that amount of #ed/insert cards. I picked up the lot for 1/3 the price of one box. Definitely worth it to me.

Since I started picking up tradebait, my collection has expanded so much beyond what it would have been if I solely picked up single cards. Chipper's stuff tends to sell really well and many cards end at a price above and beyond what I can afford. I can make a $20 dollar stack of tradebait go a ridiculously long way in terms of adding Chippers to my collection.

I picked up a bunch of trade bait at the last show I went to. Bought over 30 cards out of a nickle box, all stars/inserts/#'d cards with BV up to $10. And guess what....no Nolan Ryan in the box. That's why I buy trade bait on the cheap.

Unless there is a certain card held hostage...I would just buy what I want.

I get bait to finish trades mainly unless it is a rare find that i know will move.Sometimes bait brings out cards cash does not as well.

I say if you are putting sets together, you had better have trade bait. You don't want to send GU cards for a bucks worth of base.
My 2 cents.
Leon

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online