Trade Royals/Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 top 100 prospects. Braun has production but saves Boston 10$ mil and one of the prospect happens to play 3B and is gonna be a very good player. The other Rea just had a ratings increase and is a young SP. It just depends if your playing for the now or later. just my thoughts.

I dont see how any trade in this league can be nullified after all the lop sided deals that have gone through. JMO.

No matter how good a prospect is. It is always a gamble with this type of trade. KC is gonna be a force next year.

Braun is a beast but Chris took a lot of offers from what I could tell from the thread. He has been a manager for along time now and has shown he knows what he is doing. If he wanted to get away from Braun and lose $ as he said. He accomplished his goal of losing his entire $10.5 mil off he books and doesn't have to worry about resigning him im guessing he probley wants compensated well. To get a 3B in the deal for the future and have the team control and cost control and not have to worry about the financial commitment. When everyone had the chance to make a run at him. Im not saying this because Cory is my brother im saying this because I believe if you consider everything on the deal it is close enough that if the managers are good with it I wouldn't think there is enough argument to reverse anything. Plus there are several teams who have made out like bandits on deals over the years I have been on the wrong end of that several times myself and have made out on some of them. I think last time KC/Boston made a trade I remember it was challenged Shields for Fielder trade. Everyone thought Chris was getting hosed and Shields since has had a couple rough years but his first year in Boston won over 20 games and was in the mix for Cy Young. Just my thoughts

My biggest fear acquiring Braun is that I won't be able to afford to pay him long term since his contract is up at the end of the year. Regardless, I was willing to trade two top 100 prospects for the one year production for sure and a shot at a long term extension.

As Heath stated above, Chris took offers from at least two others teams, probably more. I had to up my offer to get to the one above, and he decided to take it.

Rangers choose to challenge this trade on the grounds that it provides KC with an unfair advantage.

Cleveland also would like to challenge this trade. Give up Dominic Brown. He only makes 432,000 and is a comparable player.

Mets challenge this as this was my offer to the Red Sox.

best Catching (5) star prospect Ray Fredrick,
3B Power Prospect Ryan Wolfe,
3B Russel Bryanan to play cheap at 3rd with some power and
#60 Prospect last year Angel Renteria who is a 4.5 Star stud gold glover with 42 steals last season.

As for lop sided trades in the past maybe we as a group need to monitor better because they effect the league. I have a list of crazy ones that have been passed and it makes trying to compete frustrating.

Last edited:
OK, so Chris puts up a thread offering up Braun. A few guys make offers and Chris decides to go with Cory. On paper Corys offer does not look like the best offer out there , but who are any of us to tell Chris he has to go with another offer or turn this down. He dumped all of the salary of a guy he knew he could not sign for really a good 3b prospect. He didnt have to take back any salary at all.
Look back through the history of salary dump trades that have gone through this league, this is not the worst by any means. Hell a couple of league presidents, past and current have made more lop sided deals than this one and they went through. I still say that I do not see how any trade in this league can ever be over turned after some of the really crap trades that we have let go through have been allowed. This is all just my opinion but if we start now to really police trades then we better become much more consistent in **** so and I dont think a 3 man panel , especially when one of the members is one of the heaviest traders in the league, can make decisions fairly.
I love this league and do not want petty bull crap to ruin it, but at the same time we need to understand it is only for fun and with 30 different owners , each will vakue his and other talent differently. Thanks Pat

A vote poll has been posted in general talk. The league is on hold until we get 16 votes for or against it.

I don't think people fully realize I'm trading 12 years of solid prospect control for 1 year, which I'm paying 10+ million for. An extension is going to more than likely run top 10 players salary wise. Regardless, I have no problem putting it to a vote. We haven't put a trade to vote in the last year, so it's about time we start challenging everything again.

Last edited:
OK, so Chris puts up a thread offering up Braun. A few guys make offers and Chris decides to go with Cory. On paper Corys offer does not look like the best offer out there , but who are any of us to tell Chris he has to go with another offer or turn this down. He dumped all of the salary of a guy he knew he could not sign for really a good 3b prospect. He didnt have to take back any salary at all.
Look back through the history of salary dump trades that have gone through this league, this is not the worst by any means. Hell a couple of league presidents, past and current have made more lop sided deals than this one and they went through. I still say that I do not see how any trade in this league can ever be over turned after some of the really crap trades that we have let go through have been allowed. This is all just my opinion but if we start now to really police trades then we better become much more consistent in **** so and I dont think a 3 man panel , especially when one of the members is one of the heaviest traders in the league, can make decisions fairly.
I love this league and do not want petty bull crap to ruin it, but at the same time we need to understand it is only for fun and with 30 different owners , each will vakue his and other talent differently. Thanks Pat

Well since I am being called out... I completely understand the salary dump to help the Red Sox out, BUT Braun is an extremely popular player and should demand more than just a #57,#94 prospect.. First the Red Sox lose 1/5 of their offense(46 Hrs, 129 RBI), Second they will lose attendance over this trade and effect their revenue.. I looked at the Yankees trade for Tulo( they took $8M in salary, and give a #23,#44 prospect ) who isn't even Popular!!
As far as my trading habits go!!! Since most of them are with Heath... I usually try to help other teams out with their salary problems since I have the highest budget allowed and in return I always pay revenue sharing! I didn't start this and other have asked me and told them that I have to keep my thought to myself because I am the AL President(trade board). I enjoy playing this game very much and take a lot of time playing all 3 of my teams(MLB,AAA,AA) to build a nice franchise, so if I decide to leave the new owner has a nice team to start with.. So Pat as you stated, their are 30 owners and we all play the game differently... Sorry for my rant, but don't call me out for playing a good game!! Thanks, Kendall

I would also ask everyone stick to objective trade discussion and not bring any fellow owners into their comments.

Since this is involving me, I need to chime in. Braun is asking for a huge extension, one that I can not afford. I took all offers and put what I was offered out on the table for anyone to beat. This year my owner has cut the salary I can spend, and the contract that Braun is asking for is way to much for me to afford. I took the best offer there was, and one of my major points was to get rid of the salary. Trading away any of my other high dollar players doesn't work because next season I wouldn't have them or Braun and that would really give me a hit. My fans are fairly loyal, and while this will take a bit of a hit, it shouldn't put me down too low. If I have to keep Braun that is fine, but I will be looking at going into the red and taking a hit there next year also - all the while still not being able to sign Braun. I looked at this trade as a Billy Beane move.

Well since I am being called out... I completely understand the salary dump to help the Red Sox out, BUT Braun is an extremely popular player and should demand more than just a #57,#94 prospect.. First the Red Sox lose 1/5 of their offense(46 Hrs, 129 RBI), Second they will lose attendance over this trade and effect their revenue.. I looked at the Yankees trade for Tulo( they took $8M in salary, and give a #23,#44 prospect ) who isn't even Popular!!
As far as my trading habits go!!! Since most of them are with Heath... I usually try to help other teams out with their salary problems since I have the highest budget allowed and in return I always pay revenue sharing! I didn't start this and other have asked me and told them that I have to keep my thought to myself because I am the AL President(trade board). I enjoy playing this game very much and take a lot of time playing all 3 of my teams(MLB,AAA,AA) to build a nice franchise, so if I decide to leave the new owner has a nice team to start with.. So Pat as you stated, their are 30 owners and we all play the game differently... Sorry for my rant, but don't call me out for playing a good game!! Thanks, Kendall

Kendall, I am outspoken and always have been, my point is that since you are one of the heaviest traders and your trades often appear to be lopsided that you would be involved in many disputed trades if we started to question every trade and then you had to vote on them. Take what I say as you like but I dont mean it personally. Thanks Pat

Interesting discussion. I'll go over and vote, but I usually don't have a problem with trades. One thing to keep in mind - Braun will be a Type A free agent next year so KC gets the draft pick compensation if they can't sign him long-term. BOS really needs the salary relief so I see why he's looking to move Braun. If he had more cash reserves, he might be better off keeping him and letting him leave for free agency since he'd get the compensatory draft picks.

I think we should recognize that KC has put himself in position to make moves like this by running a really good organization. This is how it should be done. Acquire/draft several good prospects, stay under budget, and save up some cash - then you're in a position to make moves like this when they come up.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back