Trade Royals/Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting discussion. I'll go over and vote, but I usually don't have a problem with trades. One thing to keep in mind - Braun will be a Type A free agent next year so KC gets the draft pick compensation if they can't sign him long-term. BOS really needs the salary relief so I see why he's looking to move Braun. If he had more cash reserves, he might be better off keeping him and letting him leave for free agency since he'd get the compensatory draft picks.

I think we should recognize that KC has put himself in position to make moves like this by running a really good organization. This is how it should be done. Acquire/draft several good prospects, stay under budget, and save up some cash - then you're in a position to make moves like this when they come up.

Eric

Braun will be a Type A, but because of my owner cutting my budget there is a good chance I will lose my first round pick by going over budget. If it is shot down I really hope someone is willing to take on more salary and/or offer better prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back