Tri City Boxes Hit The Market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mintman2

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330511893369&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

There was a thread a while back promoting these cards and they're now out. Anybody know any more about these ? Like in the thread here, the information in the auction is pretty vague as to exactly what you're buying, the "card" shown is a cropped image, and the whole thing appears pretty amateurish.

My impression is that they don't actually have any cards made yet and are simply waiting to see how many orders they get. My opinion is based on statements like "Many more will be added to the checklist closer to the relese date". It's now Dec 25, product is "due to release on January 15th 2011". How much closer to the release date are you going to wait before you tell potential buyers what they're buying ???

That was good for a laugh..."where a official dealer of Tri City Sports..."

It's probably the original poster on ebay or his "partner". He is currently suspended, so I am not sure, but I think that prevents you from posting. That is why we probably have not seen more announcements.

The site still reeks of amatures. I found this goody...

"Free Promo Product (1 Box Per Party) (Only for selected individuals)

We will be offering free promo product to interested bigger hobby shop owners and big name people in the sports card industry at the cost of shipping! We will only be offering 1 box per party and only for people who qualify for the promo program!

All we ask for is a full written review in return!

NOTE: (these boxes will be stamped "NOT FOR RESALE")

Please email us for more information!

$15.00

0Share
Add to Cart"

You can only get this product from authorized dealers. When you see this on a legit product/site, you can get a list of those authorized dealers. It doesn't appear to be the case for this offering. WHO ARE THE AUTHORIZED DEALERS ANYWAY?

Last edited:
The whole deal is funny

Gotta love "You can only get this product from authorized dealers", wellllllll except direct on our website and on ebay. LOL

Tri City website has a case for $1,100 but the "official dealer" on ebay you can get a case for ONLY $560. I think I'll get my boxes on ebay !

I like the idea but from jsut an organizational stand point it looks awful. If I were to start up a card company i'd have professionals do my marketing or at least look up to spell Joe Dimaggio

I have offered him several times that reputable establishments like The Bench and Baseball Digest will do a full review of material he sends us. We got several products a month from both Topps and Panini and it never costs more than $10 to ship 2-3 boxes. If he wants a serious review, he knows how to get one.

Tal

I have offered him several times that reputable establishments like The Bench and Baseball Digest will do a full review of material he sends us. We got several products a month from both Topps and Panini and it never costs more than $10 to ship 2-3 boxes. If he wants a serious review, he knows how to get one.

Tal

says they are in Poland!!!! Would cost a lot of rubles to ship it to the USA...lol.

I feel bad for anyone who wins the auctions who doesn't know any better-

It's a real shame too.

I think they had a decent idea, just not the expertise/experience/knowledge to do it properly.

Homemade product and nothing but questions remain about the whole "Tri City" thing. The currently suspended member (that should tell you something right there) gets a promo box for the price of a review and makes a thread about it here. Then said member buys into the company because he likes it so much and makes another thread. He avoiding answering most questions asked of him and the "company" the entire time.

Now I see all the cards are going to be PSA/JSA certified now as well. I doubt that and I also doubt there are any big names in the product at all. I see that Ebay seller is buying up lots of auctions of signed index cards, perfect for cutting up and making into his cruddy little cards. The checklist may say you can pull Jackie Robinson or some other big name but I say they do not exist in this sorry excuse for a product.

I think the whole thing was a lie, all the cards still look like photoshopped images and I really hope no member of The Bench partakes in this sham.

Homemade product and nothing but questions remain about the whole "Tri City" thing. The currently suspended member (that should tell you something right there) gets a promo box for the price of a review and makes a thread about it here. Then said member buys into the company because he likes it so much and makes another thread. He avoiding answering most questions asked of him and the "company" the entire time.

Now I see all the cards are going to be PSA/JSA certified now as well. I doubt that and I also doubt there are any big names in the product at all. I see that Ebay seller is buying up lots of auctions of signed index cards, perfect for cutting up and making into his cruddy little cards. The checklist may say you can pull Jackie Robinson or some other big name but I say they do not exist in this sorry excuse for a product.

I think the whole thing was a lie, all the cards still look like photoshopped images and I really hope no member of The Bench partakes in this sham.

So Matt when are you getting your free "promo" box for your great review. lol