Tribe Fest '14 - Perfect graphing day! Scan Heavy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGerutfan9

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hey all,

I went to Tribe Fest '13, the 1st annual and did quite well. This year they changed the format where you had to bundle an autograph ticket with your general admission ticket. You would choose from prospects, current or alumni. The catch was only one autograph ticket per GA purchase and they didn't tell you ahead of time who was signing. Well my girlfriend and I each got an autograph ticket for the current players.

Each 1 hour time frame had 2 groups of current players and either an alumni signing or prospect signing. We figured we could go get our guaranteed autograph then jump in the back of the lines of the other lines after the autograph ticket holders went through. This was an absolute success going 17/17 on the players there signing. Big Thome and Swisher didn't appear on Sunday, which is the day we went.

My girlfriend was nice enough to get the alumni (Vizquel, Lofton & Nagy) on cards for me. She was born in 93 and isn't old enough to know who they are. Works out in my favor :). She also got me the 3 prospects (Frazier, Naquin and Bauer) on the program as she only chases current roster players for her team ball. Nice to have a girlfriend equally interested in getting autographs. I was able to get two autographs of Bourn and McAllister (card and ball) because the last session of the day had no line so I went back through, that's where I also got Carrasco.

We even had time in between sessions to do the free photo sessions upstairs, these pictures were taken using my girlfriends iPhone 5. Everyone was super nice and fan friendly. My favorite guy was probably Tyler Naquin, we had seen him 3 different times and he recognized us by the 3rd time. He thanked us for coming out and just seemed like a down to earth guy. Lofton seemed dis-interested, mostly talking to the help and not the fans.

Here are some pictures:
Program_zps495db15f.jpg

Salazar
Salazar_zpsc58603d4.jpg

Salazar 8 x 10
Salazar8x10_zpse6e68f0d.jpg

Brantley (he was the one we wanted the most!!)
Brantley_zpsd9acb369.jpg

Vizquel
Omar_zps8e830136.jpg

Lofton
Lofton2_zps2c986496.jpg

Shaw & Aviles
ShawAviles_zps677d82fc.jpg

Bauer & Naquin
BauerNaquin_zps64b4620b.jpg

Frazier & Naquin
FrazierNaquin_zps456455ee.jpg

Outside the stadium
Outside_zpse9a71925.jpg

Now for the actual autographs!!

Frazier, Bauer, Lofton, Naquin and Nagy
FrazierBauerLoftonNaquinNagyProgram_zps1484b5ae.jpg

BauerFrazierKluber_zps5801537f.jpg

AvilesShawVizquel_zps26a66d86.jpg

McAllisterNagyLofton_zps0e419e71.jpg

BournBrantleyGomes_zps14ae5373.jpg

Team Ball McAllister, Chisenhall, Carrasco & Bourn (pen took a crap :( )

Ball-McAllisterChisenhallCarrascoBourn_zps76acbd67.jpg

Same team ball - Kipnis
TeamBall-Kipnis_zps7d74516b.jpg

Tyler Naquin Sweet Spot
NaquinSS_zps2a6378e0.jpg

Omar Vizquel Sweet Spot
VizquelSS_zpsc85eb264.jpg

Thanks!
Eric

Very cool! I'm a 90 Indians fan! I still remember sending out TTm 1993 when I left high school for the navy. I got back from the navy months later and my favs sent my cards back signed. Thome, belle, lofton, Kirby, Jefferson Lewis etc etc. love them! Now I'm a angels fan ;) I got that 92 rated rookie signed by thome in pen and think its the best one! Pen on cards to me look cleaner then a scribble sharpie. Very nice pick ups!

nice job!!!i met naquin when he played against uta a couple of yrs ago..i was the lone grapher with some usa cards at the time..great guy..now look at him...bauer is super cool too..love the prospects...thanks for sharing

Looked like a great time. I need some of those current Indians for my collection of Indians autographs. I hope to get them TTM by sending to Spring Training here soon. (Shaw, Aviles, Gomes, Bourn & Salazar)

Ron

Thanks everyone!

Ron,

I know I've seen most of those guys sign before the game but TTM may be the way to go as Bourn & Aviles are tough IP.

Eric

Eric,

I was happy for you to see great successes, and wanted to comment on a few things you wrote: "My girlfriend was nice enough to get the alumni (Vizquel, Lofton & Nagy) on cards for me. She was born in 93 and isn't old enough to know who they are. Works out in my favor . She also got me the 3 prospects (Frazier, Naquin and Bauer) on the program as she only chases current roster players for her team ball. Nice to have a girlfriend equally interested in getting autographs."

Judging from this, I think you have found the girl you are going to marry! I can attest, my wife is NOWHERE near as interested in this addiction, I mean hobby (!!) as I am! She is the greatest, and I kid with her about this since I no longer actively collect, but early in our relationship she spent PLENTY of time in lines with me and was always a great sport about it!

Anyway, congrats on finding a keeper!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Eric,

I was happy for you to see great successes, and wanted to comment on a few things you wrote: "My girlfriend was nice enough to get the alumni (Vizquel, Lofton & Nagy) on cards for me. She was born in 93 and isn't old enough to know who they are. Works out in my favor . She also got me the 3 prospects (Frazier, Naquin and Bauer) on the program as she only chases current roster players for her team ball. Nice to have a girlfriend equally interested in getting autographs."

Judging from this, I think you have found the girl you are going to marry! I can attest, my wife is NOWHERE near as interested in this addiction, I mean hobby (!!) as I am! She is the greatest, and I kid with her about this since I no longer actively collect, but early in our relationship she spent PLENTY of time in lines with me and was always a great sport about it!

Anyway, congrats on finding a keeper!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

Kevin,

Thanks for the kind words! I showed this to my girlfriend and it made her day!! Thanks!!!!

Eric

Eric, you are more than welcome, glad you both enjoyed....sounds like you two have a blessed relationship, all the very best to the two of you!

Kevin Mc