Tribute to 2009 Lou Gehrig Tribute

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaplain11

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Well, today was a great day in the old mailbox. I received all of my packages but one (got it yesterday) from the 2009 Topps Tribute line. I have every card for Lou Gehrig minus the Reds and 3 of the 4 print plates - still waiting on my print plate to arrive. Anyway, here they are in all of their glory

09tributeg.jpg
[/IMG]

09tributeg1.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for looking.
Dewayne

Hey Dewayne
I dont know what to say I am speechless. Your Lou Gehrig Collection just gets better and better evry day. Almost like a good wine it ages great
Later
Tom

Awe shucks Tom :) I look to pick up another 40 - 50 cards this weekend; mostly from the 80s - 2003. It does take a lot of effort (and more importantly money) but to me it is worth it.

Take care,
Dewayne

Amazing. The other 3 printing plates you have not picked up yet should be in your collection. Good luck on getting the few you need to finish off the Tribute cards.

That was quick! Love looking at your Gehrig stuff...we're actually considering naming our first son Gehrig...my idea, it's growing on her :)

Great Stuff as usual!

Colvin

I love it. Topps hit a home run with set design on this stuff... and you, of course, always have the best Gehrig stuff.
-Casey

That was quick! Love looking at your Gehrig stuff...we're actually considering naming our first son Gehrig...my idea, it's growing on her :)

Great Stuff as usual!

Colvin

I have mine convinced of the same thing. Although "Four" could be his middle name;)

The Gehrig collection is a labor of love. It will never be complete due to all of the low-numbered, autos, etc but I enjoy the chase. I belive the Topps Sterling is coming up next...yeesh. That is going to hurt the old wallet.

Have a great weekend!
Dewayne

Have not seen any Garvey GU cards or plates, but I have managed to land the Red, Gold, Black, Blue and base Garvey cards already. Looks like the entire run. I wasn't sure yet if that was it, as I have not seen a checklist.

Good luck on your "Hunt for Red Gehrig-tober."

Have not seen any Garvey GU cards or plates, but I have managed to land the Red, Gold, Black, Blue and base Garvey cards already. Looks like the entire run. I wasn't sure yet if that was it, as I have not seen a checklist.

Good luck on your "Hunt for Red Gehrig-tober."

That is too funny:) Here is the Garvey list from Beckett:

2009 Topps Tribute #15 Steve Garvey
2009 Topps Tribute Black #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 99
2009 Topps Tribute Blue #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 219
2009 Topps Tribute Gold #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 50
2009 Topps Tribute Jumbo Dual Relics #SGTG Steve Garvey/ Tony Gwynn Mem, S# Print Run 25
2009 Topps Tribute Jumbo Dual Relics Red #SGTG Steve Garvey/ Tony Gwynn Mem, S# 1
2009 Topps Tribute Printing Plates Black #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 1
2009 Topps Tribute Printing Plates Cyan #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 1
2009 Topps Tribute Printing Plates Magenta #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 1 2009 Topps Tribute Printing Plates Yellow #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 1
2009 Topps Tribute Red #15 Steve Garvey S# Print Run 1

Nothing is priced yet. You have a pretty good start on it. Best of luck finishing it out.

Dewayne

Ewww. That's right, I have seen the Gwynn/Garvey dual GU card now that I see the list. 4 have sold so far, the cheapest going for $80+ delivered. 2 more on currently...

Looks like another 5 more 1/1s that might forever sit atop an ever growing list of 1/1s I have lost or never found, especially that Gwynn/Garvey dual GU 1/1! At least I found 1 of the 6!

Reminds me of the 06 Triple Treads where there were 8-12 1/1 triple relic/autos. All had Garv/D. Johnson and Mattingly. I made the winner pay dearly, but the same guy won them all...Mattingly collector.