Twinsfest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valediction

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I spent Saturday there this year. Still the biggest show in the area, but it's definitely smaller than it used to be. A lot of nice Twins stuff, but the autograph lines were insane. I tried getting a Danny Valencia autograph, but they cut off the player shift before I got up there. They drew wristbands for Mauer and Morneau this year as a way to keep the likes managable, that seemed to work well. I only made it to one other autograph line, after the Valencia, I figured for the ones that were signing, I wasn't needing an autograph bad enough to wait in line.
in person signing:
1961 Topps Dick Stigman
1978 Topps Dave Goltz
1983 Fleer Tim Laudner
1989 Topps Juan Berenguer

at the show itself I picked up some autographed cards pretty reasonable
1962 Topps Jerry Kindall
1966 Topps Mel Nelson
1967 Topps Bob 'Rocky' Johnson
1968 Topps Frank Kostro (x2)
1970 Topps Tommy John
1985 Topps Rich Gedman
1989 Topps Tony Oliva
1990 Classic Frank Thomas
1991 Topps and Stadium Club Greg Olson (Braves catcher)
1991 Score, Fleer, and 1992 Fleer Mo Vaughn
1993 Finest Alex Cole
1993 Topps Gold Harold Baines
1999 Topps Hideo Nomo
2002 Bowman Grady Sizemore
2003 Fleer Tradition Carlos Pena
2004 Topps Brandon Phillips

1995 Stadium Club Kirby Puckett (card is glued to scrapbook page)

and a TCMA Postcard autographed by Duke Snider
Just like this one

With the M & M.....the drawing is the only way! Sounds like you had a great time! Twins fan born and rised in California! Best regards, David

Nice haul valediction!

I went Sunday and had a pretty good time, although I hate the shoulder to shoulder card show where every time you stop to look at something you feel you are holding up the line!

Nice haul valediction!

I went Sunday and had a pretty good time, although I hate the shoulder to shoulder card show where every time you stop to look at something you feel you are holding up the line!

yeah, it was pretty packed Saturday too, did you get any autographs or and new additions to the collection?

yeah, it was pretty packed Saturday too, did you get any autographs or and new additions to the collection?

Yea. I picked up a few #ed Johan Santana cards that I couldn't remember at the time if I had or not. Turns out I had them all! Oh well they were only .25 each. I also picked up a very nice 1976 Topps set (my birth year).. been after one of those for a long time. Then this was an impulse buy but I figured for $25.00 why not?

SandyKoufax59Topps.jpg

Has a crease in the upper left corner as well but all in all a sweet looking card.

As far as autographs, my g/f came with me so we were able to double dip a couple of the free stations. I ended up with 40 auto's but of those only 29 different ones. Highlights were a Scott Erickson, Jack Morris ball and a Fergie Jenkins ball with 91 HOF inscription. Also picked up 2 Aaron Hicks autos but man are they ugly! That cat needs to work on his signature.

Yea. I picked up a few #ed Johan Santana cards that I couldn't remember at the time if I had or not. Turns out I had them all! Oh well they were only .25 each. I also picked up a very nice 1976 Topps set (my birth year).. been after one of those for a long time. Then this was an impulse buy but I figured for $25.00 why not?

SandyKoufax59Topps.jpg

Has a crease in the upper left corner as well but all in all a sweet looking card.

As far as autographs, my g/f came with me so we were able to double dip a couple of the free stations. I ended up with 40 auto's but of those only 29 different ones. Highlights were a Scott Erickson, Jack Morris ball and a Fergie Jenkins ball with 91 HOF inscription. Also picked up 2 Aaron Hicks autos but man are they ugly! That cat needs to work on his signature.

I picked Fergie up 2 years ago and it was $10 then, I was going to hit the guys at the Feller museum table, but they all wanted $20-$30, and I'm too cheap to pay that when I can pick them up online for considerably less. What did the 76 set run you? Was it from the guy selling the sets for 1/2 book?

I picked Fergie up 2 years ago and it was $10 then, I was going to hit the guys at the Feller museum table, but they all wanted $20-$30, and I'm too cheap to pay that when I can pick them up online for considerably less. What did the 76 set run you? Was it from the guy selling the sets for 1/2 book?

Yep it was from that table. I got for $100. I'm sure I could have got it cheaper online but being able to look at the cards and know what I am getting was the deal maker for me. IMO it is a NM-MT set with a few EX's in there.

Yep it was from that table. I got for $100. I'm sure I could have got it cheaper online but being able to look at the cards and know what I am getting was the deal maker for me. IMO it is a NM-MT set with a few EX's in there.

He had a couple people looking at that set when I was checking out his display cases, I was tempted to ask about his 75 set, it looked great, but I was afraid I might have to go try and get more cash from the ATM, so I let it go to avoid overspending my budget.