Unbelievable Flea Market find Gehrig style.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggmack2001

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I live in SoCal and was at the Santee Flea market last weekend and a gentleman attending( not me :-( ) had a once in a lifetime find and picket it up for all of $5.00. It was a 1923 Columbia University Yearbook with Lou Gehrig in it. I believe that its a $2500.00 Yearbook at least. Some guys have all the luck but I will eventually get my find. Just wanted to share.

Last edited:
With Gehrig, that would probably create more of a demand, but really how strong is the market for yearbooks?

I remember someone was selling a Steve Garvey yearbook. I think it might have been his HS senior YB, but then again it might have been a Michigan YB. The special case her was that this appeared to be HIS yearbook, with people signing to Steve and him signing it in several spots. Definitely much better than a generic YB of the same year for sure. It showed up on ebay and I think the seller was looking for $2000-2500. It slowly dropped until the seller finally used auction format and started it at around $400, if I remember correctly. I want to say it sold for around $500. There weren't many bidders and I refrained due to the price and the fact that there was little way to know for sure it did belong to Garvey originally. It could have been a blank one forged to look like his or perhaps one owned by another "Steve".