UNC First Pitch Baseball Dinner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DMBfan

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
Last night, I attended the 4th Annual UNC First Pitch Baseball Dinner, which is held as a celebration of the program and to kick off the season. This year's event was the largest yet and continues to grow each year. Here was my autograph haul from last night:

Dustin Ackley: 4 8x10 photos, 2 small posters that were provided by UNC (referred to as small posters from this point forward), 4 cards

Alex White: 4 8x10 photos, 2 small posters, 3 cards

Daniel Bard: 2 8x10 photos, 2 small posters, 3 cards

Tim Federowicz: 2 custom 4x6 photos, 2 small posters, 4 cards

Chris Iannetta: 2 8x10 photos, 2 small posters, 6 cards

Andrew Miller: 2 8x10 photos, 2 small posters, 6 cards

Andrew Carignan: 4 custom 4x6 photos, 2 small posters, 2 cards

Chase Jones: 2 4x6 photos & 1 8x10 photo. He was the team student manager for 4 years but has an incredible story of being diagnosed with a brain tumor his Freshman year and has helped raise thousands of dollars for the UNC Children's Cancer Center.

Mike Fox (UNC Head Coach): 2 8x10 photos

Matt Harvey: 5 8x10 photos

Colin Moran (UNC Starting 3B): 1 8x10

The following were all on 2 4x6 photos:

Scott Forbes (UNC Asst Coach)
Scott Jackson (UNC Asst Coach)
Colin Bates (Current Nationals' Minor Leaguer)
Mike Cavasinni (Former UNC Player)
Chad Flack (Former UNC Player)
Mark Fleury (Curent Reds' Minor Leaguer)
Garrett Gore (Former UNC Player)
Ryan Graepel (Former UNC Player)
Rob Wooten (Current Brewers' Minor Leaguer)

There were other former players there as well but I didn't have anything for them to sign. Everyone was great and very nice about signing and talking about baseball, UNC, and life in general.

Great stuff! I am probably the biggest Andrew Miller collector on the site. I have all of his cards (99% of them are signed). I met him two years ago when he was playing with the Jacksonville Suns; they were playing in Mobile, AL. One of the other players for the team went back and got him from the locker room and he came out and we talked for a few minutes about us having the same name (kind of...his is Andrew Mark Miller and mine is Mark Andrew Miller). I had two plastic containers full of his cards (some dups) and he said he would sign them all for me, plus a baseball. I tried to give him money for his charity, but he wouldn't take it since we were "almost related". Great guy...hope he does well this season...I would love to see him with the Rangers so I can get me a Miller jersey! :D