Unreadable code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyz

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I need some input from the forum. I bought a box of 2012 Tribute. This was the first high end box I ever purchased. I was very excited to find a Willie Mays auto redemption card inside. Here's the problem. It had a scratch off portion to reveal the code for redemption. When I went to scratch it off it wouldn't come off. I scratched a little harder and it just smeared and ripped the code. Now there is no way to read it. There are 4 or 5 legible letters/numbers. Here's what scares me : the back of the card says "cards will be judged void if illegible, altered, mutilated, forged, tampered with in any way.". I really believe this card to be defective. Has anybody here ever had anything like this happen to them? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

So today I called Topps customer service and was told to mail in the redemption card and call back in 3 weeks. Fingers are crossed. I hope everything works out.

Update. Today I get a card in the mail. To my surprise it is a 2010 Cal Ripken 206 piedmont back mini auto. I've already received this card once. I'm thinking they mailed me this card again instead of my Mays card. I just tried to call Topps but they are saying they are closed, although the automated message says their hours are until 4:30 Eastern. Guess I'm still playing the waiting game.