*Update* Thought I hit the jackpot today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otgoal

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I placed an order with D&A Cards last Thursday. I bought a box of Spectrum for my friend's birthday, and a pack (box) of 2005 Just Minors for myself to get the free shipping.
Just Minors has an autographed 8x10 and two packs, each with an autographed card, in each box. I had ordered a couple before and enjoyed the three autos in each.

The order arrived today. I had been keeping track of it online, and wondered why the weight of the box was shown as 6.7 pounds for a small order.

I opened the box, and they sent me a case, not one box of Just Minors. Wow! Maybe I mis-read the price and they were marking down older items. Well, no. I looked online and I definitely received, in error, a case which is supposed to sell for $190.00. I had ordered a box for $15.95.

I heard once if you receive something in the mail in error you are allowed, by law, to keep it. I couldn't do it. I knew D&A would be out if I opened it. Don't get me wrong. I would have loved 12 autographed 8x10s and another 24 signed cards, but I couldn't allow myself to open it.

I called them up, and I will await UPS to pick up my order in error.

Oh well. Maybe when they re-send my box I'll pull a great signed 8x10.

*Update 1*
Heard back from D&A.
They told me to open the case and pull out my box and UPS would pick up the remainder of the case.
Now, which box do I keep??!?
I suppose a random selection is the way to do it.

*Update 2*
Here's what came from the box I randomly selected. (Via the use of a pair of dice!)
Not anything major as far as value, but I did get one of the one in six box dual signature cards.

Dual Signature:
Jeff Fiorentino/Chuck James serial #2/25

Auto cards:
Tony Abreu
Gaby Hernandez

Auto 8x10:
Gold version Gabe Gross serial #78/100

At least Gross and Abreu are heating it up in Arizona.

A fun break. All for trade.

Last edited:
I once received a money order from a buyer back when I was selling on eBay, it was for over $200 rather than for $12 to $15 he owed me. A check of his eBay purchases deduced where he was supposed to send the money, so I contacted him about sending it back to him which I did.

It's Karma, Golden Rule, however you slice it the right thing to do, I commend you.

I'm glad to hear you did the right thing. That's gotta be tough leaving that wax unopened.

You did the right thing! Losted my coat a few days ago....went everywhere looking for it...at the local McDonald had it and I was very thankful to them! Best regards, David

You did the right thing, nice job! At least you hadn't ordered a box of some super expensive thing like Premier or Prime Cuts, that would have been even harder to send back. :D :D :D

You guys are very kind.
bear0555, I have it back in the box so I can't see it!

Would have been something if they accidentally sent a case of Spectrum instead...

Anyway, I certainly would have let them know if I ordered a case and only received a box, so what's right is right.

I'll let you know what I pull from my pack when it arrives.

I placed an order with D&A Cards last Thursday. I bought a box of Spectrum for my friend's birthday, and a pack (box) of 2005 Just Minors for myself to get the free shipping.
Just Minors has an autographed 8x10 and two packs, each with an autographed card, in each box. I had ordered a couple before and enjoyed the three autos in each.

The order arrived today. I had been keeping track of it online, and wondered why the weight of the box was shown as 6.7 pounds for a small order.

I opened the box, and they sent me a case, not one box of Just Minors. Wow! Maybe I mis-read the price and they were marking down older items. Well, no. I looked online and I definitely received, in error, a case which is supposed to sell for $190.00. I had ordered a box for $15.95.

I heard once if you receive something in the mail in error you are allowed, by law, to keep it. I couldn't do it. I knew D&A would be out if I opened it. Don't get me wrong. I would have loved 12 autographed 8x10s and another 24 signed cards, but I couldn't allow myself to open it.

I called them up, and I will await UPS to pick up my order in error.

Oh well. Maybe when they re-send my box I'll pull a great signed 8x10.

Hats off to ya, I'd have been more hesitant

*Update*
Heard back from D&A.
They told me to open the case and pull out my box and UPS would pick up the remainder of the case.
Now, which box do I keep??!?:confused:

*Update*
Heard back from D&A.

Go with the middle one.

And there's not a lot of people in the world who would've done the same thing as you did. I'm not sure I would've done the same thing myself.

*Update*
Heard back from D&A.

I'm suprised they didn't tell you something like "take two boxes and we'll pick up the rest". Oh well, doing the right thing is it's own reward. Seems more and more people want to be rewarded for simply doing what's right :(

I'm suprised they didn't tell you something like "take two boxes and we'll pick up the rest". Oh well, doing the right thing is it's own reward. Seems more and more people want to be rewarded for simply doing what's right :(

As an outsider looking in, that's exactly what I was thinking. You just saved them a few hundred dollars, I'm sure. I would think they would at least give you a little something for your time and hassle.

Kudos for you honesty, though!

You did the right thing....besides the fact you are doing what's right, there's also the guilt-factor.

I myself ran into a similar situation when I bought a Joe Montana National Treasures Jersey off eBay and received a much more valuable patch/auto SP of his by mistake...I contact the seller and returned the item for the actual card I bought. I figured there's another buyer on eBay who probably paid good money for the card. It wouldn't be fair to the seller, the other buyer and simply would be wrong to keep the item.