Upper Deck Headquarters video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So you donated it to Upperdeck or did they buy it? Best regards, David

It is actually, at the moment, on loan to UD. They had it signed by Griffey in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. UD has put their hologram on it and will be sending it back with the UDA certification.

However, it has led to something a little more.....as of today, UD and I came to an agreement on a "partnership", of sorts. More news will be put out about that project very soon!

Tim

Interesting video , but other than the Griffey thing no other mention of baseball cards was made except by the news anchors.

And I thought that was your work Tim again very nice as always. Congrats on your deal with Upper Deck, still wish that they had a MLB license.

Last edited:
Interesting video , but other than the Griffey thing no other mention of baseball cards was made except by the news anchors.

And I thought that was your work Tim again very nice as always. Congrats on your deal with Upper Deck, still wish that they had a MLB license.

Thank you.....and I think you have your answers inside your post. I believe UD didn't put any baseball cards there because of the licensing, and any licensed baseball shown would be older product. I totally agree.....I really wish MLB would stop letting this monopoly take place. More licensed brands allows the competition. That's when companies like UD come out with cards like premium base cards ('89), autograph inserts ('91), and game used cards ('97).

Tim

Thank you.....and I think you have your answers inside your post. I believe UD didn't put any baseball cards there because of the licensing, and any licensed baseball shown would be older product. I totally agree.....I really wish MLB would stop letting this monopoly take place. More licensed brands allows the competition. That's when companies like UD come out with cards like premium base cards ('89), autograph inserts ('91), and game used cards ('97).

Tim

Tim have wanted to ask you how much you charge for your art. I really like the Hank Aaron you did.
Would love to have it someday but don't want to mortgage the house.

Rich

Tim - That's awesome! I'm excited for you!

Thanks
Craig

Thanks Craig!

Tim have wanted to ask you how much you charge for your art. I really like the Hank Aaron you did.
Would love to have it someday but don't want to mortgage the house.

Rich

Hi Rich....
No need to mortgage the house. I've tried to keep the prices reasonable enough so that as many player collectors as possible could have a chance of owning a piece of their guy. At the same time.....they do take over 40 hours of work each.

As for the Aaron, I no longer own it. I am now down to owning only 5 sports pieces -the rest are in private collections or museums. The pieces I still own are: Ty Cobb (peach pits), Frank Thomas (band-aids), Stan Musial (cards), Mickey Mantle (cards), and Honus Wagner (cards -Wagner is not for sale).

Thanks again for your encouraging words!

Great to have Griffey see it and sign it! Best regards, David

Thanks, David!

Thanks Craig!

Hi Rich....
No need to mortgage the house. I've tried to keep the prices reasonable enough so that as many player collectors as possible could have a chance of owning a piece of their guy. At the same time.....they do take over 40 hours of work each.

As for the Aaron, I no longer own it. I am now down to owning only 5 sports pieces -the rest are in private collections or museums. The pieces I still own are: Ty Cobb (peach pits), Frank Thomas (band-aids), Stan Musial (cards), Mickey Mantle (cards), and Honus Wagner (cards -Wagner is not for sale).

Should have ask when I first saw it. What's the Mantle running?

Rich

Should have ask when I first saw it. What's the Mantle running?

Rich

When you consider the 40+ hours, materials, and shipping, Tim's pricing is very reasonable for a one of a kind item. He told me long ago he would never make more than one of a given catd, and since Jerry Rice has only one rookie, i only the only one that exists. My reccomendation is to pick you favorite card and commission it done. Totally worth they money.

When you consider the 40+ hours, materials, and shipping, Tim's pricing is very reasonable for a one of a kind item. He told me long ago he would never make more than one of a given catd, and since Jerry Rice has only one rookie, i only the only one that exists. My reccomendation is to pick you favorite card and commission it done. Totally worth they money.

I would take it then that if I picked another Hank Arron card that he could do it. So Tim if you read this to let me know the details and we can work
out what we need. If it must be another player than I can go with Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux , Tom Glavine or John Smoltz.

Rich

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Cory! Glad you are still enjoying the Rice. Also, I have not (and will not) waver from my one-and-done rule. One buyer has actually resold a piece that I worked for him (for profit), which led to him buying another (completely different) piece. I'm super humbled by that, and I have to think that knowing I will not create the same image twice aided in helping the client turn a profit.

The Bench members have been extremely good to me. From yourself, Butch (bdink), Frank (oddball).....all who have commissioned pieces - to all of the encouragement that everyone gives when I post a finished piece......I am very thankful and grateful.

I would take it then that if I picked another Hank Arron card that he could do it. So Tim if you read this to let me know the details and we can work
out what we need. If it must be another player than I can go with Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux , Tom Glavine or John Smoltz.

Rich

Rich: I'll be shooting you a PM momentarily. You are correct. I will not reproduce the '54 Aaron again, but other Aaron issues are fair game. I wouldn't go so far as to reproducing small variations (ie. '69 Mantle white letters/yellow letters). I'm all for reproducing completely different issues. PM coming.

Tim