Vintage, Mondern Era....What's next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy -

Perhaps Sports Cards will pick up the system that Comic Books use:

"Comics historians divide the history of American comic books into ages. These eras include the Golden Age (1938-1950), the Silver Age (1956-1970), the Bronze Age (1970-1985), and the Modern Age (1985-Present)."

Or maybe Baseball cards will align the eras of Baseball history:

"A common list presented at Baseball-Reference described the eras as the Dead Ball Era (1901-1919), the Live Ball Era (1920-1941), the Integration Era (1942-1960), the Expansion Era (1961-1976), the Free Agency Era (1977-1993) and the Long Ball/Steroid Era (1994-2005)"

Scobes

That is actually a great question!! I think Vintage and Modern era cards wiill always be broken down to Pre 80 and post 80........I actually put 1980 in the Vintage category since Fleer and Donruss came in the next year starting the whole sportscard explosion. But to me both modern and vintage have multiple sub eras in them similar to the sub eras of baseball Scobes posted.. Even though the junk era (1987-1992) and today's frenzied era (2020-?) are part of the greater modern era of cards they are certainly worthy of their own subgroup as are many sub eras in vintage.

I think today's collecting scene should be called the "Days of Madness" era. LMAO! I swear I have never seen insanity like the price rises and buying frenzy that is occuring now! For instance, this evening at the LCS a guy was spending pretty big dollars on some 2018 football product and as he was opening packs he was asking people "Is this guy good? Is that guy good?". He had no idea who the players he was looking at and was only looking for Josh Allen RCs. That is kind of an expensive and insane way to get a Josh Allen RC!! Thus "the days of madness " era.