We should have a ridiculous auction forum.... lol...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJCloutier

Pro
5.00 star(s)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360217356977

Just where we post ridiculous auctions... I mean not really advertising they have to be legit. bad and ridiculous. The price of that Sheff lot is horrible, I offered the guy $60 and felt generous. I have a few of the /25's and factored in 9 bucks a piece. Maybe if listed at the right time could go for $15 a piece but nothing more. The guy said $60 would buy me one of those. I told him if he got more than $150 for the lot then I would give him the other $150 paypal in awe.

I know the Zito has been up for on ebay going on 2 years.. lol!!

Add these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matt-Morris-199...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item518d2b4dfa

I emailed this guy and offered him $25 as I could care less about the grading. He refused to budge and has ran this off and on since the beginning of last year. He will never sell it for that unless I win the lottery (and I don't buy tickets).

Or, the best one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fleer-Legacy-19...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item3a37c1c911

In my opinion, he is about $3150 off as I have yet to pay more then $75 for any 1/1 and my most expensive Morris is about $80; the sweet 03 UD Cardinal Head patch card in my bucket. He has ran this for about 5 years and has not come down at all ever. Amazing that people can be so naive. If I had a choice between 3 Bowman Chrome Pujols auto RCs for $1000 or so apiece, I think I'd buy those instead of a card that I'll lose about 95% on the second I buy it.

Add these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Matt-Morris-199...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item518d2b4dfa

I emailed this guy and offered him $25 as I could care less about the grading. He refused to budge and has ran this off and on since the beginning of last year. He will never sell it for that unless I win the lottery (and I don't buy tickets).

Or, the best one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fleer-Legacy-19...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item3a37c1c911

In my opinion, he is about $3150 off as I have yet to pay more then $75 for any 1/1 and my most expensive Morris is about $80; the sweet 03 UD Cardinal Head patch card in my bucket. He has ran this for about 5 years and has not come down at all ever. Amazing that people can be so naive. If I had a choice between 3 Bowman Chrome Pujols auto RCs for $1000 or so apiece, I think I'd buy those instead of a card that I'll lose about 95% on the second I buy it.

Both sellers are off their rockers. 1st one... If you are going to sell any card especially over $100 then you better include a picture... he doesn't. 2nd seller listed the word "card." in the title. That just screams newbie.

The Sheffield lot and the 1st Morris card are from the same seller- clearly has no clue what cards are worth

LOL.. yeah I want this Zito card so bad.. but I would not pay more than $85-100 for it.. I have quite a few of Zito cards that are 1/1 autos and never have paid more than $50 and I bought the Superfractor for $100.. this guy will never get close to this for this card!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BARRY-ZITO-2004...US_Baseball?hash=item2304c39285#ht_500wt_1182

Is the sellers prices out of line?. He owns them so he can ask what he wants. MLB Logo signature patches do tend to sell well. At one time a 2006 Ultimate Collection Conor Jackson signature logo was up for auction. It went for more than $350. To rich for my blood buy but some guy had the money and wanted the card. If you do not like the selling price and the seller will not budge, just move on and worry about important things.

Is the sellers prices out of line?. He owns them so he can ask what he wants. MLB Logo signature patches do tend to sell well. At one time a 2006 Ultimate Collection Conor Jackson signature logo was up for auction. It went for more than $350. To rich for my blood buy but some guy had the money and wanted the card. If you do not like the selling price and the seller will not budge, just move on and worry about important things.

Yeah but why would you waste the time to list them for outrageous prices? I just think the guys stating his opinion and all that it's too high. I'm not an expert on Zito but I think it is as well.

Lol I also didn't see that it's the same seller... Clearly he has no idea what he's doing. Especially after trying to explain to me that each of the Sheffields he could sell for $60 a piece which is crap.

Add another.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-GARY-SHEFF...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item27aeca8dd2

Never said I didn't like his selling price.. said I wouldn't pay that much and he will never get that unless Barry himself buys the card! Zito cards are important to me!!! I am not a buying expert, but I feel I know what Zito cards should go for.. I have bought 2300+ of his cards!!! I guess my opinion is important to you! :D

Take Care
Christopher

That guy with the Flair 1/1 has had it for sale on Ebay for about five years now. It started at $3200 and has not moved yet.

Both sellers are off their rockers. 1st one... If you are going to sell any card especially over $100 then you better include a picture... he doesn't. 2nd seller listed the word "card." in the title. That just screams newbie.

Yeah but why would you waste the time to list them for outrageous prices? I just think the guys stating his opinion and all that it's too high. I'm not an expert on Zito but I think it is as well.

Lol I also didn't see that it's the same seller... Clearly he has no idea what he's doing. Especially after trying to explain to me that each of the Sheffields he could sell for $60 a piece which is crap.

Add another.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-GARY-SHEFF...ZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item27aeca8dd2

Have a look at burbanksportscards and evolutionsportsmarketing's listings. Both are well above BV to outrageous. They set the price, if you want it you pay the set price. If you feel its to high you just move on.
A few years ago my brother had some lake property, a guy asked him what he wanted for it and he told him $500.000. The man told him the price was way to high and over three years gave him counter offers all refused. Another guy asked about it thought about it for a few weeks and and gave him the 500 grand. Was the land worth that much?. Not to the first buyer but was to my brother and the new owner.
If you do not like the selling price move on to the next card in the range you will be willing to pay.

Have a look at burbanksportscards and evolutionsportsmarketing's listings. Both are well above BV to outrageous. They set the price, if you want it you pay the set price. If you feel its to high you just move on.

Same can be said about topics on discussion forums you don't like!

I understand what you are saying, but as player collectors it is disappointing when you find a card you really want and can not afford it, even if it is not overpriced or whatever!

PS: Are you the guy selling the Zito?

Christopher

Same can be said about topics on discussion forums you don't like!

I understand what you are saying, but as player collectors it is disappointing when you find a card you really want and can not afford it, even if it is not overpriced or whatever!

PS: Are you the guy selling the Zito?

Christopher

As a HOF auto collector I feel your pain. Nice cuts and the Hank Aaron card I want go for over BV and beyond what I can afford. And no have never sold anything on ebay

A few years ago my brother had some lake property, a guy asked him what he wanted for it and he told him $500.000. The man told him the price was way to high and over three years gave him counter offers all refused. Another guy asked about it thought about it for a few weeks and and gave him the 500 grand. Was the land worth that much?. Not to the first buyer but was to my brother and the new owner.
If you do not like the selling price move on to the next card in the range you will be willing to pay.

I understand your concept but were not talking about $500,000 property. Unless you have a Honus Wagner topps 1909 then you're not getting that, even if it's in good condition. I understand it's the concept were talking about, but the fact is that 49/50 times the buyer wont pay ridiculous prices.

Add another.

TJ,

What was the above card listed at? He sold it for $175.

John

i have no issue with people listing extremely high prices with "or best offer".

I thought the idea was to set a ceiling that you know people won't pay, and see what offers you get.