Weigh in please! Point of views as buyer AND seller!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaderock

Prospect
Presented is the following true purchase/sale:

Pictures from listing (blownup to see what scan looked liked). Listing mentions no condition or damage.

Buyer pays shipping and received

Close up in listing:
1crease.jpg
Actual card when taken with a camera:
P1360436-1-1.jpg

listing:
1crease-1.jpg
actual:
P1360425-1.jpg

listing:
5creases.jpg
actual:
P1360423-1.jpg

listing:
2c.jpg
actual:
P1360415-1.jpg
Buyer informs seller of damage and request to keep cards and a partial refund. Seller says "We offer Full refund only and your return postage. No partial refunds given."

As a buyer is that acceptable? Or should he be happy and just keep the cards since he wants them badly.

As a seller, is there anything more he needs to do than what was offered?

There is no feedback system for buyer or seller.

Please both sides discuss and how you would feel/procced.

Buyer shouldn't be entitled to both the cash and the cards. Either buyer is unsatisfied with the cards and returns them for a refund, or buyer is satisfied with the cards and begrudgingly keeps them, imo.

I think in the case of a return it should be up to the seller and they request the card back for full refund. Now as a practical matter I can see some negotiation room for the buyer since with the diminished card the seller will get less in his subsequent sale, and at least there is some savings from sunk cost in terms of postage as well as at least a informed degree of interest by the buyer, but some sellers are not very practical.

As a buyer........ it tees me off to no end when seller sends other than what was advertised and I'm supposed to eat the return postage. However, in this case, damage can be seen in the 3rd listing pic, so as a buyer it's MY responsibility to ask questions BEFORE making the purchase and not let my emotions cloud my judgement.

As a seller....... I try my best to describe any detractions for anything I sell. However, again, damage can be seen in the pic so I would do (and have done) exactly what the seller did. Only exception to that is a couple times the dollar amount was only a couple bucks so I simply sent a refund.

I don't know how much more reasonable the seller could be. He seems to be willing to take responsibility and issue a refund with no questions asked.

I wish all sellers were like this.

Michael

I think the seller's refund policy is correct. By allowing "partial refunds" they are setting themselves up for people to extort them for money or else they'll leave negative feedback. It's up to you as a buyer to decide if you want the card for the original price, or if you want to send it back for a refund.

It sucks because clearly the seller was not being honest about the card's condition. You can very faintly see the damage in the second and third original pics (though you really have to be looking for it) so it's not something that happened in shipping. But asking for a partial refund comes off kind of shady...clearly you are not shady but other people ruined it for you.

Richard

As a seller, I may negotiate with the buyer. I would assume though as a seller that the buyer would want the card if it were a low number or desirable item, even if there was some damage. This would lead me to offer less of a "damage" discount or offer the option for a full refund. If I thought I could get the same or more by selling it again with the damage fully disclosed, I may even just opt for the refund or keep as sold choice.

As a buyer, I would probably try the same thing if I really, really wanted the card. However, I wouldn't expect the seller to grant my wishes. I would hope that he would at least consider it and negotiate.