What are your Collecting Goals for 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My new goal is to sell as many as my cards by the end of the year as possible. Hopefully by next year this time they will all be gone.

My new goal is to sell as many as my cards by the end of the year as possible. Hopefully by next year this time they will all be gone.
I do not mean to sound harsh, but why? What made you decide to want to sell everything? You seemed to have jumped back in not too long ago.

I do not mean to sound harsh, but why? What made you decide to want to sell everything? You seemed to have jumped back in not too long ago.
That is a great question. For the 10-11 years that I had stopped trading I had still been collecting mainly just my HOF GU and Auto and other small things here or there. Well about a month or so ago I went out for my normal Saturday morning walk and came back with a few thoughts.
  1. Do I want to become a trader like some of these miserable people on here. Stuck to a keyboard and monitor all the time just to say I have so many trades in month. NO!!!
  2. When I jumped back I had no idea that a lot of the good traders from the site were long gone. There are still some real good ones left but not like it was back in the day. I like to move at high speed and I'm not somebody that can sit around and spend hours of my life to make 3 trades.
  3. There are a lot of people on here with keyboard muscles and it isn't something that I really want to deal with long term.
  4. I love baseball and watching baseball live. So do I want to deal with terrible sellers on Ebay or people with attitudes on trade boards to put cards on a list and then in a box or not deal with any of that and just do baseball as my hobby.
So I pondered it for a few days and since it has been a very good decision. So I will sell everything and enjoy baseball and the money I get from selling will be a bonus and the miserable people can be miserable while I'm enjoying live baseball.

From a trade board stand point their are some bad apples on here and watching 2 really good long term traders leave makes me think something needs to change. These are the guys that have been vocal, how many others have just left because of them.

That is a great question. For the 10-11 years that I had stopped trading I had still been collecting mainly just my HOF GU and Auto and other small things here or there. Well about a month or so ago I went out for my normal Saturday morning walk and came back with a few thoughts.
  1. Do I want to become a trader like some of these miserable people on here. Stuck to a keyboard and monitor all the time just to say I have so many trades in month. NO!!!
  2. When I jumped back I had no idea that a lot of the good traders from the site were long gone. There are still some real good ones left but not like it was back in the day. I like to move at high speed and I'm not somebody that can sit around and spend hours of my life to make 3 trades.
  3. There are a lot of people on here with keyboard muscles and it isn't something that I really want to deal with long term.
  4. I love baseball and watching baseball live. So do I want to deal with terrible sellers on Ebay or people with attitudes on trade boards to put cards on a list and then in a box or not deal with any of that and just do baseball as my hobby.
So I pondered it for a few days and since it has been a very good decision. So I will sell everything and enjoy baseball and the money I get from selling will be a bonus and the miserable people can be miserable while I'm enjoying live baseball.

From a trade board stand point their are some bad apples on here and watching 2 really good long term traders leave makes me think something needs to change. These are the guys that have been vocal, how many others have just left because of them.
First I would like to say thank you for the honesty. But I just have a hard time understanding why you would let a few people spoil something that you have enjoyed for so long. I have to deal with people that I do not like all the time in life in general. There are people with bad attitudes in all walks of life. There was at the barbershop where I get my hair cut yesterday. I just feel that is easy to turn a blind eye to these people who i do not agree with. And I think it is much easier to do that on this site. I have plenty of traders on my ignore list. I just feel that for every bad trader there are 50 good ones. I do not buy cards on ebay very often. I can count on one hand the amount of cards I have bought on ebay in the last 5 years. I just get a lot of enjoyment out of my collection. This a hobby to me and I try to keep it that way.

Great conversation!!!

First I would like to say thank you for the honesty. But I just have a hard time understanding why you would let a few people spoil something that you have enjoyed for so long. I have to deal with people that I do not like all the time in life in general. There are people with bad attitudes in all walks of life. There was at the barbershop where I get my hair cut yesterday. I just feel that is easy to turn a blind eye to these people who i do not agree with. And I think it is much easier to do that on this site. I have plenty of traders on my ignore list. I just feel that for every bad trader there are 50 good ones. I do not buy cards on ebay very often. I can count on one hand the amount of cards I have bought on ebay in the last 5 years. I just get a lot of enjoyment out of my collection. This a hobby to me and I try to keep it that way.

Great conversation!!!
Your right about bad attitudes everywhere. Not only do these bad attitudes affect me, I have talked to a lot of good traders they are affecting as well and that isn't a good environment. If I can eventually remove that type of place from my life I will be better off. So I have about 4-5 years till retirement and I want as many of those places out of my life by then as possible. A stress free life. I know some can say don't let a few bad apples ruin it all but my wiring doesn't work that way and those 2 top traders that just left feel the same way.