• ATTENTION: Do you have a local card shop near you? If so, please help us out by adding their location into our new card shop tool.

What are your Collecting Goals for 2021

smalltime35

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Good question. It's probably time for me to branch out from frank Thomas. I've been thinking of collecting the red Sox players I grew up watching from the years I lived in Boston. Probably will limit it to 4 or 5 players, certain brands, maybe base cards only. I'll think about it when I hit 1000 Thomas's (less than 50 to go)

Last edited:

mm1sub

HOF
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
The one goal I have that realistically think I can achieve is to complete my 1972 Topps set. I am down to the last three cards. I just need the Carew, Carlton Traded and Robinson Traded. There are now two monthly shows in my area so I think I can get this one.

The other set I would like to complete is my 1964 Topps Giants set. I have always really liked the looks of those cards and only need 4 more. But I need Koufax, Clemente, Aaron and mays so this will will not be cheap. But these cards are reasonably priced (at least for now) so I think I can knock this one out also.

And the other card I would really like to find and complete my set is the 1969 Topps Deckle Jim Wynn. I have been looking for this card for a while and it just seems that I cannot find one. I did get the Joe Foy recently but the Wynn is proving top be quite elusive.

My collection is now nearly organized since I moved into the new house and I actually have a room dedicated to my collection. So for the first time since I was a kid I will have my collection organized the way I want. I spent 20 years in the US Navy and had portions of my collection in different locations but I now have it ready to be organized.

I will start to print out some needs lists for different people on The Bench so I can take those want lists with me and hopefully help some people out. I have done this plenty of times in the past but I need to organize this a little better so i bought a bigger (and more expensive) printer to help this project out a little.
An update and a pretty good one!!

Picked up the Carlton Traded and the Robinson Traded today. I am down to just the Carew for my 1972 Topps set.

And I wanted to add one more goal for this year. I am not sure how many people are familiar with the 1975/6 SSPC set. I just picked up the Noland Ryan variation and I am down to just the Aaron to finally put this set to bed also. This is a great looking set and the cards are really affordable in my opinion for such a great looking set. I highly recommend this set if someone is looking for something challenging and affordable.