what do you do if a DC number says a package is delivered but its not here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i got the cards in today thanks for the advice everyone

Good to hear.

I know most sellers don't agree with how the system works as far as who is responsible for what, but it makes no difference. Business is business, and there are things in place to protect both the buyer and seller. Hope I have been a help to some others here as well. If you are selling a cheap item, then the risk of not insuring it may very well be worthwhile. However, be aware that you are taking a risk, and asking for a disaster, by selling a high dollar item, without taking every precautionary option available to you.

He may not be out money - but he is out the cards. The seller ends up netting $0 and losing the cards...that's what I was saying. Glad your cards showed up, must be a huge relief for you.

i think the ideal situation is the seller refunds the money and then files the insurance claim himself so that way no one is out money.

He may not be out money - but he is out the cards. The seller ends up netting $0 and losing the cards...that's what I was saying. Glad your cards showed up, must be a huge relief for you.

No, in the insurance situation everybody is compensated.

The buyer sends $600, and when the item is not received gets that $600 back from the seller. They're even.

The seller has received $600 and sent the cards...then gives the $600 back to the buyer, at which point he is even money but is out the cards...then gets a $600 insurance settlement. So they don't have the cards anymore, but they have $600 more than they started out with.

Richard