What do you do while watching a no hitter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankfancali

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So Matt Garza gets into the 9th with a no hitter so what do I do? Pull out my auto and 5 RCs and as soon as the third out is recorded, I list them all on eBay!! Hope they sell

I get the sensation of cold, crisp mountain air against my face as I race towards lift-off in the whole world championship ski jump!

...no, wait...that's when I bite into a York Peppermint Pattie.

Never been witness to a no hitter in live action. I don't watch many games and the games I did watch there was never anything that exciting.

Yeah, I was able to catch the game live and this was a first for me as well. I was glued to the TV. (And, I sorted cards too.) ;)

:D
Jason

I flipped back and forth with American Pickers as well..Didn't know there were other fans of that show. AND, I had no problem doing it becuase I have Garza on a fantasy team and I knew it wouldn't happen so I didn't want to get to vested..

I have witnessed one no-hitter in person, would have to check the date, but it was Hideo Nomo at Camden Yards, sometime in the 90's. That was a lot of fun!!

I flipped back and forth with American Pickers as well..Didn't know there were other fans of that show. AND, I had no problem doing it becuase I have Garza on a fantasy team and I knew it wouldn't happen so I didn't want to get to vested..

I have witnessed one no-hitter in person, would have to check the date, but it was Hideo Nomo at Camden Yards, sometime in the 90's. That was a lot of fun!!

April 4, 2001. If you happen to have the stub - I'd love to trade for it!

Tim

I look at the Tigers line-up and realize why they were no-hit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing against Garza's no-hitter, just a tough couple of weeks for the Tigers.

I check the post on here to see if any one wants his cards yet

Couldn't have said it any better! First thing I did was see what Garza stuff I have and see if anyone wants it

I'd like to know. Mets have NEVER had one! Believe it or not!

Not only the Mets, but the Padres also. To me, it's hard to believe the Mets haven't had one since they did have Tom Seaver when he pretty much began his prime years. They shipped Nolan Ryan out a couple years early for his prime. Then you have the dominate Dwight Gooden of the mid to late 80's. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any big time, big name pitchers the Padres had, besides Greg Maddux toward the end of his career.

I look at the Tigers line-up and realize why they were no-hit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing against Garza's no-hitter, just a tough couple of weeks for the Tigers.

You know, that is true but look at the entire game. He faced 27 batters, walked 1, and threw just under 120 pitches. Jackson's no-hitter this year he threw 150 pitches, and walked I believe it was 6 batters. Garza was just spot on the whole game with his pitches. I mean yea the Tigers have a couple of their big players hurt, but still. To face 27 batters is amazing no matter who you face.

Not only the Mets, but the Padres also. To me, it's hard to believe the Mets haven't had one since they did have Tom Seaver when he pretty much began his prime years. They shipped Nolan Ryan out a couple years early for his prime. Then you have the dominate Dwight Gooden of the mid to late 80's. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any big time, big name pitchers the Padres had, besides Greg Maddux toward the end of his career.

and to think all the Mets Pitchers that threw them AFTER they left the team...Seaver, Ryan x7, Mike Scott, David Cone, Dwight Gooden. They call it the Nolan Ryan curse!

The best the Padres had (not including recent times, for which I am less able to rattle off names) were probably Randy Jones, Dave Dravecky, Rollie Fingers, Gaylord Perry a little too late in his career and maybe Lamarr Hoyt briefly. I believe Andy Hawkins tossed a no-no with the Yanks in the early 90s, AFTER he left SD.

Couldn't have said it any better! First thing I did was see what Garza stuff I have and see if anyone wants it

You know, that is true but look at the entire game. He faced 27 batters, walked 1, and threw just under 120 pitches. Jackson's no-hitter this year he threw 150 pitches, and walked I believe it was 6 batters. Garza was just spot on the whole game with his pitches. I mean yea the Tigers have a couple of their big players hurt, but still. To face 27 batters is amazing no matter who you face.

I pray that Jim Joyce isn't one of the umpires. Funny thing is 6 days after the Armando Gallaraga game I was 3 rows behind home plate for the Phillies game and Jim Joyce was umpiring home plate. Hamels pitched a no no to the 6th.