What do your parents/wife/husband..ect think of your card hobby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I try to keep costs down to maintain spousal approval; my wife tolerates it, as long as "important things" get done in a timely manner, too ;)

My girlfriend is very supportive, she thinks my hobby has "boyish charm". Yes I am not letting her get away.

Richard

My wife like the cool stuff that I get but has also reaped rewards from stuff I've sold.. Its bought her diamond earrings and paid for trips etc

My wife...I love her!! My mother-in-law and wife keep promising to shuffle them.......I'll shuffle you..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Always an interesting topic. Except for the fact that some people spend way too much money on unopened product which is usually a money loser, unless you get lucky and pull one of the big money cards, "collecting" baseball cards is just like collecting carnival glass or souvenir spoons, or, or, or, or.......

As with any collecting interest there's usually at least some sense of value. Last year, due to financial reasons, I sold a bunch of my Ripken collection. I didn't get what i thought i should BUT I did sell them.

Point is ............ If someone is worried that you "wasted" money on cards you need to show them that it's not a one way deal. It's like stock prices; they go up, they go down.

Too young to have a wife.. at least in America :) My parents are very understanding. They know what I like by now and often pick up some nice things at sales. They even let me have 3 spare rooms for my various collections.

Curtis