What is a 1 of 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loonsfan

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
What do you guy's think is a 1 of 1? A player can have thousand's of 1/1's. With printing plate's there is 4 different color's. I think it has gotten out of hand. I think a 1/1 should be something unique like the 1/1 Hair relic cards from A&G. I remember when I got my first 1/1 I thought it was a big deal. It was just a plain bowman printing plate. I also had a Angel Morales 1/1. It wasn't a printing plate or an auto or a GU. Just a plain card. What do you guy's think? Should there be more printing plates and 1/1's out there? The same? Or less. I say that a 1/1 should be something rare and exciting to get. Now I see kids getting 1/1's and being more excited about the Albert Pujols base card than it.

yea i hear ya, 1/1 is different and odd sometimes but in the words of the genius "Mel Brooks" it the "search for more money"

Yes, I think they have gotten out of hand. There are way too many and if I had the choice I would not even consider printing plates 1/1s. It is very tough when you are trying to collect one player and half of his cards are 1/1s. I guess what I wish they would do is have a limit on how many 1/1s they can make of players in a certain amount of time because Moments & Milestones really ruined it, and all in one year at that. I think that is why many collectors have migrated to set collecting.

PS: If you still have the Morales, I'd be interested.

They help sell product, so limiting them hurts potential sales. I'd say the better ones are special or unique cards, like bat barrels, button cards, autos, wood cards, etc. It's better than a different color foil parallel.

Even though there are more, it's still not easy to find the good ones. I wouldn't care much about a common 1/1, but any Garvey 1/1 still causes joy when I land one.

They help sell product, so limiting them hurts potential sales. I'd say the better ones are special or unique cards, like bat barrels, button cards, autos, wood cards, etc. It's better than a different color foil parallel.

Even though there are more, it's still not easy to find the good ones. I wouldn't care much about a common 1/1, but any Garvey 1/1 still causes joy when I land one.

Agreed, except with Maddux :) I do prefer to go after non plates, and non sketches. Superfractors are just fun to look at!

It's definitely a matter of personal preference. I don't think Superfractors are really that cool. I prefer a nice Mirror Black. It seems like everybody hates the M&M 1/1's, I know I do, but... I'm sure there's a guy out there who loves them. You can get 100 matching 1/1's for ~$5. That's gotta be somebody's cup of tea.

If there are two 1/1's that I have to choose from... one is a logoman auto, and the other a Mirror Black... I might choose the Black, depending on how complete my set is. If I have all of the other mirrors, and only need the Black... it's definitely the one I would go after. To complete the Mirror Rainbow. [angel chorus]Aaaaahhhhhhh[/angel chorus]

Plates should be 1/1's, because there is only one made. Saying that there are 4 made is true, but you can't stop at the plates, you have to include the whole print run. Then it applies to a superfractor, it's not a 1/1, it's a 1/1200 when you take all of the parallels into consideration. You shouldn't do that, you should realize that a black plate is different from a cyan plate, and they are each 1/1.