What is the most you ever spent on a single card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The most I have spent on one single card is when I bought a 2012 bowman chrome xander bogaerts auto. It cost me $109.99, it is off to Beckett as I speak to get graded.

I'm a real cheapskate.

The most I ever paid for a card was $38.00 for a 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson RC for a set I'm building. If I needed to sell it I think I could get at least $50.00 for it.

The most I've ever spent on a single card was for my dream card, a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144, that I later got graded a BVG 1. I bought it raw on eBay about 5 years ago, and grand total with shipping and grading fees I'm into it for $683.65. The last BVG 1 sold for $855 and I still have mine. I figure they will only appreciate, but for me that is my favorite card image of all time.

brbvg.pngbrbvgback.png
br.pngbrb.png

Thanks,

Jeremy

About 6 years ago I purchased a 2008 Prestige Darren Mcfadden auto /100 for roughly $180. Traded it to another collector for a dual Mcfadden auto worth the same amount. Sold it a month later for $150 and took at $30 loss. I don't remember the credentials to the dual auto I traded for but the solo 2008 Prestige Mcfadden auto /100 is up for $42.99 on ebay right now with no completed. Not a good sign either way, happy I sold it. As for my PC with over 230 unique autos and 350+ unique gu... I've never paid over $60 for a card. Your first thought may be "well that's because it's Sheffield." You may be right but you just need to have a firm grasp on the market for your player and your wallet.

The most I've ever spent on a single card was for my dream card, a 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144, that I later got graded a BVG 1. I bought it raw on eBay about 5 years ago, and grand total with shipping and grading fees I'm into it for $683.65. The last BVG 1 sold for $855 and I still have mine. I figure they will only appreciate, but for me that is my favorite card image of all time.

brbvg.pngbrbvgback.png
br.pngbrb.png

Thanks,

Jeremy

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

The most I ever spent was $15 on a Greg Maddux auto card a few days after Christmas and a few days before he was a First ballot HOFer....present for my best friend who has since asked us to be his 3rd child's Godparents! They live out of town, so next time we see them will be at her Baptism....present for Dad will be there too!

God Bless,

Kevin Mc

I paid $100 +/- for a 1960 Mantle that I needed for my set. I have never regretted it for one minute.

Duane

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk HD