What to do with this card - 1998 UD Retro Quantum Leap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdmac1

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
If anyone knows about these cards, knows they are hard to find. I have only seen 2 Vlads and both were recently. They are serial numbered to 50 and the Vlad books for $50. Other players have a BV over $100 so that tells you they are in demand. The first Vlad sold for $71, I was able to snag the second one for $51.

The problem is, this one is is not serial #'d on the back. Usually Upper Deck cards don't hit the market that were "found" left in the warehouse. I know I would like to get one that is serial numbered before I check it off my list but not sure if I should keep this one or return it.

Maybe this one is rarer than the others but it would be anyones guess.

Opinions?

0000135323_1.jpg

Are you sure there is no impression from where the serial number should be? I have found that some of the cards from that era don't have the "foil" numbering but have the impression... Either the foil fell off or was struck wrong or something..

Are you sure there is no impression from where the serial number should be? I have found that some of the cards from that era don't have the "foil" numbering but have the impression... Either the foil fell off or was struck wrong or something..

I looked very close with a bright light and at all angles and its a clean as could be. No remnants of any numbering :(

............ They are serial numbered to 50

My big book says they're numbered out of 500 and makes no mention of unnumbered versions.

Sounds like something that slipped thru quality control and would be very rare, but like you said.....who knows ?

Is there any kind of box that the numbering would be in? Maybe the box is there and the foil didn't strike.. UD usually has a box around the numbering.. It is on the back.. I would say it it's a printing error regardless and I would keep it in your collection because up until now there has been no "aftermarket cards" like with fleer and pacific..

Is there any kind of box that the numbering would be in? Maybe the box is there and the foil didn't strike.. UD usually has a box around the numbering.. It is on the back.. I would say it it's a printing error regardless and I would keep it in your collection because up until now there has been no "aftermarket cards" like with fleer and pacific..

There is a white box where the serial number is suppose to be. I saw one on Beckett and it was numbered in black, similar to how the 1999 UD Exclusives were #'d but the 1999's were in the front.

So it was supposed to be that digital type printing.. All I could say is that this was either simply missed or in the case that they are condition sensitive cards that maybe UD printed a few extra for replacement purposes should the need arise.. I looked on beckett and saw the backs just have that white area so not what i was expecting for the serial number

My guesses are the following:

-stolen by an employee
-backdoored by ud (less likely as it's numbered)
-damaged replacement

Here's a scan of my vaughn for comparison:
IMG_0336.jpg