who are the legends in are time currently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
growing up it was reggie jackson and pete rose as legends when i grew up, other generations had mantle, aaron, mays, snider and williams...who are the legends that are playing now right before our own eyes. i would say: jeter, puljos and mariano rivera. other that have recently retied were pudge rodriguez. your thoughts please

I'd say Chipper Jones, Joe Mauer, Justin Verlander as well as the ones you mentioned. I can see lots of newer players becoming legends like Harper and Strasburg

Curtis

pujols
jeter

recently finished careers, to name a few:
maddux
frank thomas (have to admit, his career statistically was outstanding for the first 7-8 years, on par with ted williams)

and these two, pre-steroid, had already solidified themselves:
bonds
clemens

good topic,
paul

Personally I think it's too early to call the likes of Verlander or Mauer legends just yet.

True. They definitely have a good chance but yeah, it's probably too early. Another one that comes to mind is Jim Thome, one of the best guys to ever step on a field and an amazing player.

Curtis

PLEASE change the second "are" in the title to "our". It's like nails on a chalkboard every time I see it. :)

Agree with most of you. I think Ichiro is a legend too. Not a scientific way of determining who a legend might be, but when the Mariners are on TV and I'm doing things around the house, I would stop what I'm doing to watch him hit.

From the listed players I would agree with most.

Joe Mauer I would say is definitely not a legend in time. I don't see much happening recently and lots of injury.

I would say current legends are: Jeter, A-Rod, Pujols, Ichiro, Mariano, Thome (kinda, he'll at least be a HOF)

Burgeoning high profile stars (Definitely not legends yet): Verlander, Votto, Cano

Too many injuries to pass judgement: Mauer, Longoria, Kemp

""and these two, pre-steroid, had already solidified themselves:
bonds
clemens"

That's one way to put it.

Roxy

For those palying today I would say Pujols and Verlander. But they are both down from last year, so they might be on the decline. For the younger players I really can't say. There are so many injuries.

""and these two, pre-steroid, had already solidified themselves:
bonds
clemens"

That's one way to put it.

Roxy

Clemens was just acquitted.

On a serious note though, I think that the "legends" list of current players would be limited to these as of now: Jeter, A-Rod, Pujols, Ichiro, Mariano, Chipper, Thome.

For anyone who's a Sox fan - David Ortiz. That smile, that swing, those heroics. Every time we have a Sox game on my daughter and I stop whatever we're doing to watch him hit.

Back