Who Has Signed the Most Autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benson

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Just popped into my head wondering which athletes do you think have signed the most autos (certified and through the mail)?

Baseball - I guess it has to be one of these:
-Bobby Doerr
-George Kell
-Warren Spahn
-Bob Feller
-Pete Rose

Basketball - maybe an old HOFer
-Bill Sharman
-Dolph Schayes

Football
-Joe Theismann
-Chuck Bednarik

Hockey
-Gordie Howe
-Jean Beliveau

ed kranepool(mets1962-1980?)
signs pretty good

virgil trucks (pitcher in the late 40s-50s) is another one he will send you two or three extras

the wizard of westwood, john wooden, basketball, was a great signer when i got his a few years ago. he even sends extra items from his stash.

paul

How bout Ripken? No he doesn't sign TTM but he's probably got the most certified autos out there (he's in pretty much EVERY set) and never turns anyone down IP. Who can forget the summer of him breaking the consecutive games record when he would go out into the stadium and sign for about an hour after almost every game? People would start lining up at a particular spot around the 6th inning just in hopes that he would be signing after that game.

Andre Dawson and Shawon Dunston have always been great also, was forgetting to add him even with his signed jersey on my wall. Dirk Nowitzki, the man is the only real star in the NBA currently that signs for everyone. Jason Kidd has been lately but Dirk's been since day 1. As about all TTMers know, basketball players are horrible for the most part. Yet this guy is a star and still cares enough even though people I guarantee send him multiples all the time and flip 8x10's and jerseys on ebay.

How bout Ripken? No he doesn't sign TTM but he's probably got the most certified autos out there (he's in pretty much EVERY set) and never turns anyone down IP. Who can forget the summer of him breaking the consecutive games record when he would go out into the stadium and sign for about an hour after almost every game? People would start lining up at a particular spot around the 6th inning just in hopes that he would be signing after that game.

Just a shame dealers are ruining it for us true collectors, don't see very many big names signing that much even after one game let alone all the time.

The thing about active players is that they've only been signing for 5-15 years compared to the retired guys that have been signing for 30-70

Bob Feller. He's over 90 years old and has made countless appearances. He's been in the Hall of Fame since 1962 so his autograph has always been coveted. Monte Irvin is in the same boat, as is Bobby Doerr. You can add Virgil Trucks to that list, but he is not as popular as the Hall of Famers. There will never be a short supply of these guys autographs.