Who is the Raul Ibanez collector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That price makes my Sportlots purchase of the Ibanez a steal. Bought mine for $4 dlvd

Im curious so Im going to ask. Ive noticed alot of times you can pick up guys from teams like Cincinnati auto's for well under book. I picked up enough of Drew Stubbs 2010 Finest RC/AU cards to spell Stubbs for under $50 and 2 of them was refractors one #'d to 25. Now Im not saying Stubbs is or will be the player Ibanez has become but he could. Anyways my question is even with how "rare" this card might be do you think if it showed him in a Mariners jersey it would be pushing $40 right now? And again this isnt a knock on Ibanez Im just wondering if this has more to do with the Jersey he's wearing than anything.

It has everything to do with his uniform, prior to coming to Philadephia Ibanez had no autograph issues in 5 years and no GU ever. Now he's getting several. The Philliies are two time defending champs and the Mariners are the Washington Wizards of baseball. His older Seattle autographs can be had for a song and a dance while the new issues start at $20 (which is why I'm waiting).

Im curious so Im going to ask. Ive noticed alot of times you can pick up guys from teams like Cincinnati auto's for well under book. I picked up enough of Drew Stubbs 2010 Finest RC/AU cards to spell Stubbs for under $50 and 2 of them was refractors one #'d to 25. Now Im not saying Stubbs is or will be the player Ibanez has become but he could. Anyways my question is even with how "rare" this card might be do you think if it showed him in a Mariners jersey it would be pushing $40 right now? And again this isnt a knock on Ibanez Im just wondering if this has more to do with the Jersey he's wearing than anything.

Any team with a strong collecting base will drive up the price of certain issues. I have come across this several times with Nomar cards. Having been on three teams with very strong collecting bases (Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers), I have seen the price of some items go way up. This is also true with Yankees, Phillies, Cardinals and Mets cards.

It has everything to do with his uniform, prior to coming to Philadephia Ibanez had no autograph issues in 5 years and no GU ever. Now he's getting several. The Philliies are two time defending champs and the Mariners are the Washington Wizards of baseball. His older Seattle autographs can be had for a song and a dance while the new issues start at $20 (which is why I'm waiting).

DING!
Time to buy
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Topps-Peak...0526314320?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item230c114750

Most every card produced today, will gradually decrease in value and will eventually hit the quarter box, or $1-2 sell list for autos/GU. There are exceptions but this is one thing that I don't think our under 25 collectors understand.