Who should I get???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeefreak211

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I am going to the Rangers @ Marlins June 15 or 16th..
I have 1 New OMLB left.. but I will buy 1 or 2 more before I go..
I also have 3 used balls from BP but has practice stamp on sweet spot.

I hope to get some more baseballs at the game from BP and/or foul balls etc.

Here is a list of the guys I think are noteworthy of a signature on an OMLB.

You tell me who Should be the top 3-5 I should get. (HIGH hopes that I can even get that many let alone 1 LOL)

Vladimir Guerrero
Hanley Ramirez (haven't got him yet and hope to)
Josh Hamilton
Justin Smoak
Elvis Andrus
Ian Kinsler
Nelson Cruz
Neftali Feliz

I already have a few Marlins.. Uggla, Coghlan, Maybin, Josh Johnson, and Gaby Sanchez.

LMK and Thanks for your Help and wish me Good Luck!

My first choice would be Mike Stanton! I hear he should be called up and play in the series against Tampa from June 11-13.

I don't think Vlad signs so you can cross him off your list. Cruz is on the DL and may not even be there.

Josh Hamilton or Neftali Feliz would be your best bets for that list.

Other good signers are David Murphy, CJ Wilson, Derek Holland (if there). Elvis Andrus also has an awesome sig.

I heard that Vlad is bad when it comes to signing. Would consider Michael Young along with your list, maybe Harden.

I'm not big on Harden anymore and Young's stuff doesnt seem like it sell for what it should. He seems like an easy auto though like Uggla and Coghlan.

My first choice would be Mike Stanton! I hear he should be called up and play in the series against Tampa from June 11-13.

I don't think Vlad signs so you can cross him off your list. Cruz is on the DL and may not even be there.

YES! Stanton would be my FIRST choice if he plays at the game I go to and signs!!

Josh Hamilton or Neftali Feliz would be your best bets for that list.

Other good signers are David Murphy, CJ Wilson, Derek Holland (if there). Elvis Andrus also has an awesome sig.

I'm mainly looking for bigger end guys for the OMLB autos.. so Wilson and probably Holland wouldn't make it for me. As for Murphy, I'm not a big fan of him.

Andrus does have a nice auto though!

Vlad has signed three times, at home this year, I got him but not sure how he is on the road but he does side panel.

Yeah I was flipping between Marlins and Strasburg.. too bad they were all infield singles.. but hey a single is a single

Here is what I got. Went there with 1 new ball, 2 balls used from a previous game. (didnt get the new one signed)

on used ball, got Josh Hamilton on sweet spot with blue bic pen :D (before game)
other used ball got Jorge Cantu signed on side panel in black sharpie (few mins before game)
got a BP ball and got Justin Smoak to sign at team buss on sweet spot in blue bic pen

Also went to outfield and got Chris Coghlan to throw me his warmup ball around the 6-7th inning!

Then got C.J. Wilson to sign my ticket stub

Hanley Ramirez was walking out of dugout 20 mins or more before game and me and 2 other kids were calling him but he wouldn't even look at us. He thinks he is too cool to sign autos.---- He put his batting gloves in his helmet after he got out in an inning and flipped it to the bat boy and they fell out and just walked to his position and had Uggla bring his hat and glove.--- And to top it off his walk-up song is that song that goes " If you are what you say you are, a superstar, then have no fear.. the cameras here..."

Big dissapointment in Hanley..

also got Gaby Sanchez to sign a ball for my cousin before the game and he got the same ppl I got for autos. his 1st game.

congrats....hambone is a class act about signing..one of the best in mlb..and he is ripping it up again..smoak is a nice kid too...

Congrats on your auto collecting! Us older guys.....don't get a lot of auto's because the players figure....were the ones selling them on ebay....wrong! Best regards, David

Last edited: