Why would you want ........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikefri

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Ray bourque auto patch card with him in bruins uniform but avalanche patch?
Wade Boggs jersey card with pinstripes while hes in red sox uniform?
The list goes on and on .Card manufacturers should have a buyback AND BURN THESE CARDS LOL

Ray bourque auto patch card with him in bruins uniform but avalanche patch?
Wade Boggs jersey card with pinstripes while hes in red sox uniform?
The list goes on and on .Card manufacturers should have a buyback AND BURN THESE CARDS LOL

Why not? Why would you want to put together an 88 Donruss set, or any of the other $5/box sets? Why would you want 17 copies of any given card? Why would you want a Dave Gassner autograph? Why would you collect a half dozen 'variations' of a card that involve border colors and different serial #'s, or even better, minor printing 'differences' like a comma instead of a period, *Denotes* and *Denotes, INC and INC., etc.? There are countless examples of things in this hobby that don't interest me in the slightest, but other people are actively looking for.

Agree with this thread. Although it is not a patch card there is a mid 2000's UD issue with Carlos Lee clearly wearing a White Sox uniform and listing his team as the Brewers. My first thought was, "really, are they even trying?" They couldn't dig up one photo of him in the correct uniform.

Thanks,

Frank

Me personally it is about the player not the uniform.So if it is of my player I want it.