Will the National ever comeback to the West Coast?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Last National was 2006 at Anaheim. Will it ever comeback to the West Coast? I would love to go to another one someday! Best regards, David

This is from the convention website.
2016 and 2017 are still open.

The current schedule for the National is: 2011-Chicago; 2012-Baltimore; 2013-Chicago; 2014-Cleveland; 2015-Chicago; 2016-TBD; 2017-TBD; 2018-Cleveland.

Organizers have been asked about a return of the National to the West Coast. For the last several years we have repeatedly spoken to authorities in Anaheim, site of the most successful National ever in 1991 and also the site of the National in 1996, 2000 and 2006. Similar to the situation in Baltimore, the Convention Center has a rigid policy which will not allow them to guarantee dates to us. Despite our past history, numerous meetings, phone calls and letters, Anaheim officials have been unable to provide the National with dates far enough in advance to allow adequate preparation and planning for the event. We will continue to look for a suitable West Coast site.

This is from the convention website.
2016 and 2017 are still open.

The current schedule for the National is: 2011-Chicago; 2012-Baltimore; 2013-Chicago; 2014-Cleveland; 2015-Chicago; 2016-TBD; 2017-TBD; 2018-Cleveland.

Organizers have been asked about a return of the National to the West Coast. For the last several years we have repeatedly spoken to authorities in Anaheim, site of the most successful National ever in 1991 and also the site of the National in 1996, 2000 and 2006. Similar to the situation in Baltimore, the Convention Center has a rigid policy which will not allow them to guarantee dates to us. Despite our past history, numerous meetings, phone calls and letters, Anaheim officials have been unable to provide the National with dates far enough in advance to allow adequate preparation and planning for the event. We will continue to look for a suitable West Coast site.

Thanks for ray of hope! Best regards, David

Cleveland? How do they get the show that many times?

Middle of the country, keeps the East and West coast
dealers happy. They (NSCC) have a longstanding working
relationship with the exhibition group in Chicago and Cleveland.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Yeppers,
Location,location,location,plus the overhead is inexpensive too.Hotels,food and the airport is right beside the IX Center,who wants to fly to Cleveland !!

One perk about living by Cleveland,I'm only a 25 minute drive away !!

Clint

Last edited:

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

But.....its to many times......4 times in the last 7 years!

The only one I ever went to was 2006 in Anaheim, and I had a great time. It's too bad that they can't get on the same page with the convention center, it's a great location for coming in from out of town, right by Disneyland. I may have to fly out to Baltimore in 2012, at least I can combine the show with a trip to all the museums in Washington, DC.

15-20 minute train ride for me to the Baltimore convention center. Had a lot of fun in 2010 and I am excited for it to come back in 2012. Even though I only bought 1 single card for my collection in 2010 it was still fun and all of the wax is so tempting.

The only one I ever went to was 2006 in Anaheim, and I had a great time. It's too bad that they can't get on the same page with the convention center, it's a great location for coming in from out of town, right by Disneyland. I may have to fly out to Baltimore in 2012, at least I can combine the show with a trip to all the museums in Washington, DC.

I was also there...stayed at the Hilton just across the street from the Convention Center!! Best regrds, David

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps

Members online