Worst IP experience.....here is mine, what's yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdahlk2001

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
This is a few years back but was going through my bucket and my stomach turned.....
Won free tickets, meet and greet and a Gibson guitar. So I was like well ill bring a baseball to get autoed seeing that's what I collect. Oh the concert was 2 of the members of the doors. Guitar and keyboard guy. Don't really listen to them now. Love the old doors stuff. So thought it would be pretty cool. So I was like 4 th to last in line. The one guy gave me the Gibson guitar so I could get it signed by me what the hell..... Turned out nice here the pic
DOORS004.jpg
So I handed them a baseball next. The one guy starts to side panel but asked if he could sweet spot it. And the other guy sign on top of that. Look nice displayed in my head.....well the little guy leans over to the guy with the ball and whispered something to him. So I watched and he started block writing and I couldn't make it out....than he signed it...then he handed it to the other guy he signed where I asked....still haven't seen the ball....he hands it to me I just stared at it than at them.... ***?? The guy behind me even said that was ********..... Well he made it out " TO EBAY" ugh could of asked for my name??? I was sick. I mean the guitar I could make money on but a basball??? Whatever. I did t even stay for the concert took my stuff and left......
DOORS006.jpg

Well there's mine.....what's yours?

Nothing that bad, I'd have taken a lighter right in front of them and tried lighting that ball on fire after cussing them out and said you'll see this guitar on ebay tonight now

Okay, that sucks, but in defense of Robbie & Ray, they sign a TON of stuff and always have, without issues. I mean, i've seen them at least 6 times over the last 10 years in public sign just about anything, including napkins, menus & baseball hats. Might have been a bad day, maybe the fact that you weren't too familiar with them, at least name wise, gave them the feeling that you were a seller. Maybe the fact that you wanted musicians to sign a baseball-we understand it but maybe they don't. Who knows?
But the guitar is pretty sweet, you should feel good about that and forget the rest!!

Consider yourself lucky if that was your worst experience. That's tame compared to what I've had in NYC.

Getting shot down by Darryl Strawberry at an event wasnt enjoyable, but he has a lot of personal problems, so I cant blame him too much, probably has a lot on his mind!

Generally speaking, anytime I have called a player's name for an autograph and it turns out not to be him ... a little embarrassing.

2005, just after the NHL lockout ended. I was in Boston, hounding the Maple Leafs. Now for those won don't know, the Leafs are (and always have been) one of the worst-signing teams in hockey. Or at least they were; I haven't hounded seriously in about 7 years now.

This is the only time I got absolutely steam-rolled, and get accused of not knowing who a player is at the same time. A whole group came out at once: Tie Domi, Darcy Tucker, Bryan McCabe, Alex Khavanov, Jeff O'Neill, and Mikael Tellqvist, heading straight for a pair of cabs. I go up and ask McCabe if he'll sign. He didn't answer, so I ask Tucker if he will.

Now I keep all my cards on 9-boards and McCabe and Tucker were on different ones. So when I asked Tucker, I switched the boards so his was on top. All of a sudden, McCabe grabs my board and pen, looks for his cards (which, as stated, were on the other board), slams the pen down and says "You don't even know who the f*** we are!" and gets in the cab. Out of that entire group, not a single autograph was signed for any of us.

I proceeded to write 1967 in big numbers on a blank board (the last time the Leafs won a Cup) and held it out as they drove by.

Brett Myers was on a rehab assignment at Reading.My buddy knew the trainer,and he said he would ask Myers if he would sign a ball for us.We were
standing at the door,and Myers said to the trainer,"You address me as Mr.Myers,and I'm not f##ing signing anything" then he looked at my buddy and I and told us to get the F##k away from him or he would have us arrested. Then my buddy took of his Myers jersey,spit on it and threw it in a trash can.Its not that he wouldn't sign,it was the way he went about it.He's the biggest d##khead I ever met.

Last edited: